Find
Notify
Tools

GPS map card for SE Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted
I have a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx that I would like to get a map card for "just in case". Anyone know where I can get on that will work when out in the bush? Thanks!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I think you should be able to get the download from the Garmin site. If not you should be able to get the CD from your local Garmin dealer.

Sadly, you can't borrow one from someone else and then copy it. - The Garmin CDs are single use only passcode protected....... Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend suggested www.megagps.com for some US maps, might try there
Also REI is having (I think it's still going on) a sale and they might have it available. If you have an REI near by, they will ship to your local store for free and you pick it up when it comes in

Robert

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote