Notify
Tools

What do younwant to hunt now?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Three trips for me (I include going with my uncle back in the early 70s as a kid)but realistically for me:
leopard
gemsbok
Nyala
And always, always more buffalo. I'd DEARLY love a lion, but not on Navy pay! jorge

Hey Jorge, don't dispare about that Navy pay problem. I was in the Navy when I began my attempts to do Africa back in 1968, dragged a .338 Win Mag from Jacksonville to Spain, Sicily, the Azores, Newfoundland and back several times. Did not make it to Africa until 2003, back again in May, 2007, and planning again for 2010. Twenty years in the Navy was only good for hunting whitetails and doves, Then there's Africa!

LLS (ex P-3 driver)

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never been to Africa. I've got a CZ-550 in .458 Lott plus a ZKK-602 in .416RM. I intend to make the trek sometime in the next 2-5 years.

Number one animal on the dark continent to me is the Cape Buffalo. Others I'd like to hunt: Kudu, Sable, Eland, Leopard, Gemsbok, Elephant, Nyala.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bongo, Dwarf Buffalo, Lord Derby, and Harnessed Bushbuck. That is my entire Africa list.