New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know you
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know you, You know me. I am fear, I am power, I am king. You think that you are boss of the world, but you know little. You come into my world and try to best me, but you fail. You will always fail.
You make noise like a monkey, You must live near fire and inside a skin structure. I visited you last night. It was dark, you were sleeping. All of your kind were sleeping. I could have killed you last night. I left my sign alongside of your bed. I did not. You were not worth the trouble. When you wakened you knew that I was there, you knew the fear. You realized what i could have done. That is good, you must know that i am all powerful.
Yesterday you came near to me. I had killed a buffalo, I did it, and i ate his heart. You know that i could do that to you, and you know the fear.
You have seen my wives. many of them I have, but they do not instill you darkest feelings the way I do.
I have watched you from the long grass, I have smelled you odors, and I have hear your noise.
You are a puny little being, and I could eat you for lunch, but I will not, for you have a thunder you carry in your hands. I do not fear it, but I do not like it. Call it a respect if you like, but I do not fear you, You fear me.
My hair is long and black. It covers my face back and chest. You admire it. I wear it like a crown. It is a sign that I rule all in my kingdom. All but the largest must fear my presence. The little black beings that live in large groups, they fear me. They light the fire to keep me away at night. They make noises to keep me and my wives away. We respect their way, but every so often, one of them becomes our food. They then know the power I have, and fear it.
Tonight you will hear my call. It echos through the land. It is a call of the king. I am the king. I am Leo, and you are but one of my subjects, Know the fear.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What make of whiskey?? Big Grin tu2

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Long live the king.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who's Africa is this?
The lion responds, Mine,Mine,Mine......

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I write like that sometimes. Then I look down, and say "Now where the hell did that whole 6-pack go?" :-)

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

Not whisky! Butchloc Just thinks he's a lion!

A very descriptive passage, where is it from?

This hits home with me, because the lion is the only animal in Africa the sacres the living crap out of me!
......................................................................... Eeker Eeker Eeker

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very brave, but you will be consumed by the farmer, his wives and multitude of offspring. They will not die. They will breed you into extinction, empowered by health and clean water delivered by those foreigners desperate to get into heaven.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Very Cool!

Please, now one for the Leopard.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
He did one and it was quite impressive. I don't recall the thread title.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
Very brave, but you will be consumed by the farmer, his wives and multitude of offspring. They will not die. They will breed you into extinction, empowered by health and clean water delivered by those foreigners desperate to get into heaven.

SG Olds - Spot on. This scenario will play out unless a large group of intelligent, knowledgeable people get together and make a PLAN.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Butch,

Very Cool!

Please, now one for the Leopard.

The one about leopard was called "You're the dummy", posted April 6th.

Also read his "Good night", posted March 23, and "Wake up" and "Magic" both posted April 6th.

VERY good stuff butchloc.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
thanks butch,
Your thoughts always stoke the simmering fire for the adventure of africa. 104 days and counting.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another good one Butch! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
You should compile a book of Poetic Prose! Really cool stuff.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been sleeping with a 12ga & a 41 mag ever since I read it last week.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
proper

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9901 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote