Find
Notify
Tools

Re: MONSTER Sable
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted
Thanks Canuck for enjoying that beautiful sable. A 50" sable these days is like a 100 pound elephant!

Forrest, this sable was taken in the Kosonso concession in Zambia with Hunters & Guides. The clients also took lion, leopard and other plains game.

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Sable. Any details on where he was taken?

My itch is turning into a rash. July 2005 better get here quickly.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Adam Clements just e-mailed me this pictures so that I could post them up for everyone to enjoy.

These are of a 50" (that's correct, FIVE-OH) Sable that one of Adam's clients took on a safari that he just returned from yesterday.

Enjoy....

What a beaut!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Canuck! What are you trying to do, kill me!!? Smiler

First, in the Hippo post, I say that I am obsessed with S&S- Sheep and Sable...then you post a photo of your amazing 40+++++++++++++ inch Stone Sheep.....AND NOW THIS SABLE!!

Two extraordinary trophies in two days can be too much for some people- luckily, I am strong...and getting in sheep shape for the season

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

First there was sheephunter's leopard and now this sable.

What a beast!

Posts: 13501 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Quote:

First, in the Hippo post, I say that I am obsessed with S&S- Sheep and Sable...then you post a photo of your amazing 40+++++++++++++ inch Stone Sheep.....AND NOW THIS SABLE!!

After I got over the shock of seeing these pics myself (which took over an hour!), I thought of your post. You've got screen savers to last you through the depths of winter now!

Cheers,
Canuck

ps: Not to gloat (well, ya, to gloat) my stone taped 45 3/4 x 42 3/4. I cannot even dream of a sable like that one though! Lightning striking twice like that would surely kill me.

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is an incredible Sable!

They are one of the most amazing of all Africas animals...I hope some day I am lucky enough to
hunt such a Sable!

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man! The word "massive" comes to mind!

Very lucky hunter.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote