New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa themed photo albums?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone seen nice, leather bound photo albums with an Africa theme? I want to print out a bunch of good Africa photos and put them in an album, but don't want to use the typical, cheap looking photo album. I've seen Alaska themed albums here, with ALASKA printed on the cover, and a nice map inside.

I thought something similar would be cool for safari pictures....

Posts: 314 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
You see them in Africa all the time. I picked one up on my trip in '05. Have not seen a cool one in Canada yet though.

I bet they have them at SCI.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David,

I saw a really cool one in a curio shop in Capetown.

It was covered in Zebra skin, and it had a cutout of africa in the center. I think it was 150 US though.

You could probably get one made with backskins or leather for a cover, and do a cutout of Africa with a different type of fur. That would look pretty good IMO. Make sure the paper inside is the quality that won't fade the photos.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I'm getting 6-7 tanned for leather Warthog skins this week from my trip last year and I think Getting an Album bound in the leather is a great idea. I've been really struggling to come up with an idea so that should take care of a couple of bits.

Thanks for that guys!!

Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I've got quite a few brown leather grained albums with black pages with tissue paper between each blank black page. Photos can be inserted using archive photo glue and are also removable if necessary. The glue leaves no stain.

I like these much more than some of the "commercial" "African" offerings as the brown leather albums look a lot more classy.

If you want a map of Africa or the country you hunt in, just paste one in. Along with anything else you like.

With good quality photo printing at home nowadays it makes it very easy.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone....that should get me started..

Posts: 314 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want something really special, go to one of the websites that put your pics in a book. I used mypublisher.com and uploaded the pics on a Saturday, paid for fedex overnight and had the books on Tuesday. I was more than impressed with the book itself and the service.

I have a pro photo printer (Epson R2400) at home and could easily print the pics myself but this book is awesome. The files uploaded rather quickly also. I started working on a book at ofoto or kodak (I don't remember which one) and it took forever to load the pictures so I quit that website. Someone else recommended mypublisher and I'm glad they did.

I ordered the linen cover and next time I'll probably order the leather ($10 more). I chose black and the fabric shows marks and dirt easily.

Have fun with whatever you choose.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Check these out: http://www.theafricatradingco.co.za/memories.htm

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
David,

Go to www.safarialbums.com They are expensive, but they are the best!! They will take one of your photos and engrave it into the leather on the cover. My wife and I had one done a couple of years ago. Very high quality, a family keepsake.

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow you save a WHOLE $20 if you use your own skin!!!!!

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote