Notify
Tools

Anyone Hunting in Zambia ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted
Have fun if you are.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Abie shoots a .458 Watts

At 6 pounds that is not a hand held rifle.
Yikes!!!!! I shot a Guinea Fowl with that horrible thing in Tondwa when TVR was using it.

I'd rather take up knitting rather than shoot that thing again

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
quote:
Abie shoots a .458 Watts

At 6 pounds that is not a hand held rifle.
Yikes!!!!! I shot a Guinea Fowl with that horrible thing in Tondwa when TVR was using it.

I'd rather take up knitting rather than shoot that thing again

Steve

Steve,

I know that I said I would never again post in the African Hunting Forum because of my past here as adrook, as there are a couple of members who refuse to let bygones be bygones, and would confine my posts to the other forums, a promise which I fully intend to keep, but getting ammo to PHs who are need of it is more important than whatever problems I may have had here in the past.

As you know, I too, have shot Abie's .450 Watts and she is indeed a beast of the worst sort, a real nasty bitch, so to speak. I think I would rather spend an evening, devoid of decent Scotch and tobacco, with Michelle Obama and the Rev. Al Sharpton than tangle with that thing again. Then, on second thought, maybe not.

Again, anyone who is willing to help out with this please PM me.

Cheers,
Andy

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that I said I would never again post in the African Hunting Forum because of my past here as adrook, as there are a couple of members who refuse to let bygones be bygones, and would confine my posts to the other forums, a promise which I fully intend to keep, but getting ammo to PHs who are need of it is more important than whatever problems I may have had here in the past.

Andy,
AHF is where all the fun is!! I'm an intellectual midget and can't compete over in the ARPF so I hang out here mostly

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have said this before, and I am going to say it again.

Under no circumstances would I take any ammo or components to Africa for anyone.

Regardless of what we might get told about the regulations in the country of arrival, there are far too many things that can go wrong on the way.

And one can get into deep water for trying to be kind and helpful.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Saeed is (100%) right in what he says.

In addition there are rules in place for Zambia specifically which are quite clear in that each hunter has to get a rifle/ammo import export permit (IN ADVACE) of their arrival in Zambia.

This permit is applied for ONLY by those (outfitters or agents) whom are registered with the local POLICE authorities in LUSAKA.

The form is quite clear that the ammo must be for each of the hunters specific rifle/s which he will bring with him.

Also there is a (per-round charge) from the customs people at the entry border which hunters must be cognicent of.

There are consequences for breaking the rules as specified and applicable

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
andy

just an idea, dont alister know a gunshop in lusaka that could import the ammo for him so you can send it to the gunshop and they can give him the ammo (for a small fee perhaps)
that way it would be on the up and up and everybody would be happy, you would also be abel to do this on a more regular bacis if needed.
I am looking into this myself at the moment, but as you know i have a few things on the bench as well that need my attention Smiler
Please dont stay away from the african forum, just stay away from a few certain subjects Wink

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
ANDY TELLS ANOTHER LIE!!! "I'll never post in the African forum again", except when I want to, of course. Nothing new in that.

Is he now advocating breaking the laws of Zambia, as well?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
there are a couple of members who refuse to let bygones be bygones,

Mike,
How about letting it go,
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Andy attacked me more vilely than anyone except Craig Boddington. I resent his attacks on any and all because he LIED consistently. He claims to have apologized to all, but I missed my apology and he knows it. When he snuck back on AR as Cane Rat (without Saeeds permission), the first thing he did was to attack me with lies (again). You know this to be true, Chipo, so do yourself a favor and do not try to defend your good friend Andy; his past is undefensible. He is an unrepentant LIAR.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont know where this topic has turned, but I dream of traveling to Zambia. The more I read the more I want to travel to Zambia. I was hell bent on Namibia; however, Zambia can be compared to the sexiest girl you laid eyes on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ironically, the sexiest girl Ive met at the local gym stayed in Zambia with an Ambassador.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
pictures we want nice pictures of the SE.Y girl from the GYM (-:

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote