Tools

Zebra question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mike H.:
Nothing looks better than a pedestal mount looking like a chess piece

Agreed. The chess piece pedestal mount, like Kathi's, with the chin down and mane fanned out, is the best way to go on a zebra mount. Pure class. I also wanted a rug, so I shot two, and I have one of each - chess piece pedestal mount and a rug (both Burchells). In my opinion, both are a must-have in a trophy room.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
We love our flatskin mtn. Zebra rug. Getting a common pedestal soon. Taxidermist finished it but asked if he could keep it in his showroom so I havent seen it yet. Probably have my latest mtn. Zebra done same way. Only thing I told him was if it looked like a knight and not a zebra he would own it. Never saw a live Zebra pull a chess piece pose, just not for me.

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try and shoot a zebra every trip. The rugs are great and you can also use the skin for other wonderful furniture covers, pillows, stool cushions, etc.

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to shoot a couple next month as I got a great deal on them at short notice so thought I'd take two or three.

Also justified in my head as Elaine and Trudy both want us to make them black leather and zebra hide tote bags and I fancy a zebra enhanced cartridge bag for a change so I need an extra hide to chop up and get creative with.

I just did a spring buck bag but I think zebra would be the tops.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I had a pedestal done. Smiler

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I really like the zebra panels on the pedestal. I think they look great even on pedestals for other species.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Slider,

I'm not sure I've ever seen a zebra with that much shadow striping!

He is a beauty!!

Thanks for posting!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Slider, beautiful!!! Almost looks like makeup or paint around the eyes. Never seen one like that. Wow!!!

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it true that no individual zebras from any specie have the same markings?

Eardley Rudman

Posts: 47 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
This mountain mare, is going to be a rug

This stallion, needs to be a pedestal -

Neither are back in country yet!

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 350 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote