New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Flack
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got my issue of DSC's Game Trails and much to my surprise and delight, it had an article from Peter. As always, it did not disappoint.

I was dismayed a few years ago when Peter said he was done with the hunting community, which he had done so much to promote. I've always loved Peter's articles and books (and own all of them).

Peter -- so glad to see you back and really enjoyed the article! You have so much to offer.
Hope to see more from you in the future!

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of surprised no one has responded to this. Peter's Spiral Horn series, and his book on buffalo are amazing. I'd have thought people would be glad to see him back and hope for another book or two.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a big Fan of Peter Flacks Books.
His Spiral Horn and Buffalo Books are good but his latest Book https://storeusa.peterflack.co...-hippotrages-new.jpg stands above the others.
I recomand his Hunting Icons of Africa Book aswell with Storys from C.A.R, Sudan, Chad etc.
Its a Fun read

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Kind of surprised no one has responded to this. Peter's Spiral Horn series, and his book on buffalo are amazing. I'd have thought people would be glad to see him back and hope for another book or two.

Good to see him back and remember guiding him during his survey of Zaambia. His humor was dry which suited me well.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Just got my magazine last evening. I’m looking forward to reading his article. Good to see him active again.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I correspond with Peter regularly. He is retired spending time in England and the USA. He is sitting in for the editor of African Outfitter magazine right now.
His latest book on Sable - called "Hunting the Hippotrages" is incredible. It is limited to 250 copies. Get one if you can.

To me, Peter is the foremost advocate for conservation and the role of government in that space in Africa. He has a depth of understanding that few ever will.

He stood his ground on canned hunting and the intentional breeding of inferior/off color animals and was ostracized for it.

Check out his website and read his blogs. You will see what I mean.

I think he should be the next Weatherby Award Winner and winner of every other hunting or conservation related award out there. He is rare and is easily the current dean of the conservation/hunting movement.

I am biased, but I have gotten to know him and admire him greatly.

His books are the best out there.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

His latest book on Sable - called "Hunting the Hippotrages" is incredible. It is limited to 250 copies. Get one if you can.

His Last Book "Hunting the Hippotrages" is limited to 449 Copies.
But it will sell out quickly I think

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I’ve read of his, I have enjoyed. Unfortunately so much of his writing is in limited editions, and since I’m not constantly monitoring things I’ve missed some… that and the prices can be on the high side!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I lied when I said I had all his books. Thanks for letting me know about the latest, "Hunting the Hippotrages". Just ordered it!

Roan are my nemesis. Last year, after a couple of long tracks I finally got a shot ... and killed a tree. Well, they are on ticket next year as well. Maybe four times is the charm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, got my copy of Peter's "Hunting the Hippotrages" today. I haven't read it obviously, but it didn't disappoint. Typical of Peter's books, it is an interesting mixture of history and current hunting advice, as well as the usual fantastic photography of flora and fauna you will encounter on your hunt.

I have number 274, so if you are interested in Sable, Roan and Oryx, you'll enjoy this one.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Where can I find this book for sale?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peterflack.co.za.

He's got two websites. One for orders from Africa and one for orders from the US. I messed up the first time and ordered on the wrong website, but Peter's wife sent me an email and I was able to order the book.

Peter and his wife are both wonderful people and I really love this book.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Number of things I've learned already from Peter's book. Sable and Roan do cross-breed. I'd never seen that. And there is one magnificent photo of a sable bull and a roan bull facing off at a waterhole. Not to mention the other wildlife photos including birds and insects. I enjoyed one picture of one of the scarlet colored dragonflies. I have a similar picture from the banks of the Wuku. Great Stuff!