THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Possible revision of Kenyan game laws ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible revision of Kenyan game laws ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The following news items might give some reasons for hope.

http://www.eastandard.net/headlines/news18050412.htm

Does anybody know more specific details ?

Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I looked on USAID website, nothing there. I wouldn't get your hopes up about them opening hunting. Not sure there is much left to hunt in Kenya.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard that the greens have a firm foothold in that country, if you notice it is always the feature of nature documentaries by such groups too...
I know that the population has probably doubled or more since the days of Ernest Hemingway's safaris but there are certainly a great many areas where plains game will be available....think of the prices people would pay for a month-long Kenyan safari! A lot more from 1 hunter than 10 truckloads of tourists thinking they are saving the country or something!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Carcano,

They have a Wildlife Utilisation Conference meeting May 20 to 22, but I don't find the conference agenda on the Ministry website or the Kenya Wildlife Service site.

With these "supporters", I am not expecting KWS to suddenly start hunting.

http://www.kws.org/support.htm

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote