New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lioness Grows A Mane!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
The "Bearded Lady"?

Posts: 793 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dad shot a whitetail in firearms season several years ago that had 3 X 3 antlers (6 point eastern count) still in velvet. Our firearms season is in November and the bucks usually have their velvet rubbed off way before this.
When he walked up to it he found out that it was genetically a doe. We had a shoulder mount made of it for him and we called it the He-She whitetail.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
The "Bearded Lady"?

Nah, that would be Rachel Madcow! Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
The "Bearded Lady"?

Nah, that would be Rachel Madcow! Smiler

Hell Jorge...you know better than that! Madcow ain’t no Lady! Cool Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Transgender Lion...
Wonder what bathroom she uses?...so confusing...

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it odd that I find a lioness with a mane more appealing than a lioness without.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Is it odd that I find a lioness with a mane more appealing than a lioness without.

That's because you've spent to much time in Lafollette lol

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She's a bit dark in color too. Could that be from the testosterone?

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The man-eater male lions that killed so many people on the railroad in Tsavo never grew a mane at all though full grown males.

......................Crap happens, like the antlered mule deer does of the volcanic malapi flow of New Mexico near Carrizozo N.M.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SHe has become quite the attraction at our zoo here....

Looks a bit like some of the folks from the backwoods areas in southeast Oklahoma....

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote