New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kerneels Scholtz
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone on the Forum had any experience with this chap. He operates in the Eastern Cape area
and advertises as valley Bushveld Safaris. Any info good or bad appreciated.

Hawkeye47

posted Hide Post
i know kerneel he is the best in eastren cape port elizbeth,i have hunted with him twice,he is the man of his words if he promise he will do it for u,also best acomodation and food his wife vanessa is excellant host.its a go,regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r, ur 1st,ur last,and ur next!!!!

Posts: 254 | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am aware of the controversy between Bushveld Safaris.(Kerneels Schultz) and The two indivuals who use the Email address Hawkeye47. I hunted Valley Bushveld on the same dates as the 2 indivuals in question ( Al and Andy) in April 2010. Including this hunt I have booked 3 hunts with Butch at BMOA. Butch and his staff are honest and professional in their dealings and book affordable quality hunting experiences. As was the Valley Bushveld Safari in question. The lodge was a large new facility clean and well kept with a pleasant atmosphere. The food was excellent The staff was friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

I had an excellent hard working PH in David Lloyd. Due to the nature of the game Mountain Reed Bock and Cape Bush The hunt required limited to moderate physical ability. While you had to work for it, the game was plentiful and of good quality. In addition I harvested Eland and Nyala, all trophy Quality. Trophy care was excellent, Kerneels fees for packing ,shipping and documentation preparation for export were fair and in line with what I was expecting. I found Kerneels to honest and fair in his dealings with me. I would recommend this hunt with out reservations.

In conversions with Andy I was under the impression that he had booked many hunts with Butch and that Andy trusted Butch and held him in high regard. I am surprised to read that he now thinks that Butch is not on the "up and up". The claim that hunters were only allowed to hunt certain farm specific animals is in conflict with the facts as I know them. My PH worked hard to get me the best specimens where ever they were located. I found that game was plentiful and of good quality

The issue of the tracking dogs is raised I believe by the substandard marksmanship skills of the 2 indivuals in question. Both of whom wounded and lost animals on the first hunting day. In what I believe can only be described as much less than challenging shot presentations. Due to intermittent rain I do not think dogs would have helped in the recovery of these unfortunate animals. In addition to his marksmanship challenges Al by his own admission was grossly over weight and out of shape Al stated that he could not walk any further than a 100 yards from the truck. I believe that Al's PH worked hard to compensate for this shortcomings. It is common practice for staff tips to be paid to the outfitter. I know of no evidence to the claims that Kerneels pocketed the tips as claimed. If he did he would not have a staff for very long.

In summary It is my opinion that the two indivuals involved would have had a better safari experience if they were in better physical condition and had taken the time to develop adequate shooting skills.I like them both and I am sorry that they had a bad safari experience . Andy is a very entertaining guy and I enjoyed hearing his exploits as a experienced world hunter skilled rifle shot and dauntless ladies man, every single night.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
I dont know the operation but have worked with the booking agent and have found him to be on the up an up.

sometimes you get what you pay for sometimes there are 2 sides to a penny.. . Roll Eyes
sometimes as an outfitter you can please most people most of the time and some times only some people some of the time, but you cant please everyone all the time
popcorn

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of homgoreb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
sometimes you get what you pay for sometimes there are 2 sides to a penny.. . Roll Eyes
sometimes as an outfitter you can please most people most of the time and some times only some people some of the time, but you cant please everyone all the time

As with most things in life.

Posts: 25 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
there is aways 2 sides story and one should hear the other sideaswell,here is what kerneels point of view http://sn108w.snt108.mail.live...t.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0 .here is the kerneel version the guy andy had a colon operation so he carries a bag with pipe through his back side and othe guy is about 120 lb over weight and blind they had a physical ability they could not walk to hunt thir animals,and didnt mention it prior to their hunt,why it was a surprise to read this story as i went to 2 safaris with him and i got big eastren cape kudu and red hearte beast the best quality,now food belive me when me and my brother reach there we got a surprise food which was from my native land for that kerneels wife personally went to a similar comunity to get it made for us and we enjoyed it to the best every moment of being there,he is not my relative but when it comes to speak truth one should come forward and say what he knows.regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r, ur 1st,ur last,and ur next!!!!

Posts: 254 | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote