New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger 1-H in 450/400 ordered.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You guys are so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife will know somethings up, just from my silly ass grin. I'm blaming you all for my addiction.

Just ordered my new #1 Tropical in 450/400 and will have to wait for Santa to deliver it. This will give me a whole lot more to investigate while at Reno SCI, and maybe spend more money on a deposit for '09 or '10 buffalo and tuskless/PAC(?) ele hunt.

Hope to have a DR in the same caliber by then, to use on the actual hunt and this can be a back-up.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Congrats! A very nice rifle with a great old cartridge. That will be my next rifle purchase I think.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a perfect scoped companion to a double. Hopefully the wood is nice.

You know that a tuskless is calling your name...well, not literally but you get the point.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
blank,

You will love that cartridge... I shot one twice and understand why the guys rave about it..

See you in Reno...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Picked up a new Leupold 2.5 Compact yesterday for $150, and two boxes of factory Hornady SP's today. Spent last night watching Buzz's ele DVD and will try Boddington on Buffalo tonight.

Thank goodness my hunting partner and I will be in Reno alone. The girls decided a cruise in Hawaii at that time sounded like more fun, so we are left with no adult supervision!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote