THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Safari Specialty Importers - Great News for Elephant Imports

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Specialty Importers - Great News for Elephant Imports
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted
We are excited to pass along the recent news from SCI: USFW has agreed to resume the processing of elephant import permits from Namibia, and will soon be processing permit applications from other countries as well. Below is a link to the SCI article:

https://safariclub.org/fws-to-...b0DIxSLeZ5IfE6vSJuaI

SSI is extremely grateful for all the work that DSC, SCI, and Bergstrom Attorneys have put it to break the ice with the permits. SSI is has been developing strong relationships with USFW Permit Officers to ensure that permits we apply for move through the process in a timely manner. If you have an elephant that needs to get home, contact us today so that we can take care of the permit for you to ensure that it is approved as quickly as possible. We will then handle all details to get your trophies home!

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't get too excited. They are grudgingly going along because they have to comply and will slow walk this for eternity...

"The permit applications for the plaintiffs in the case have been on hold since November 2017, with the case filed in 2019. The FWS has agreed to process these eleven permits within one year and will process other permit applications dating after the case was filed in a timely manner.

"FWS stated its intent to process applications from other countries within the next 24 months."

I guess they think eleven permits a year and 24 months TO START processing others is a timely manner!! Confused Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vvreddy:
I wouldn't get too excited. They are grudgingly going along because they have to comply and will slow walk this for eternity...

"The permit applications for the plaintiffs in the case have been on hold since November 2017, with the case filed in 2019. The FWS has agreed to process these eleven permits within one year and will process other permit applications dating after the case was filed in a timely manner.

"FWS stated its intent to process applications from other countries within the next 24 months."

I guess they think eleven permits a year and 24 months TO START processing others is a timely manner!! Confused Roll Eyes

While it may be slow, it is at least a start. The biggest issue was the USFW has been holding elephant permits in a "under review" status while not actually doing anything. This announcement shows that the ice is breaking and that they will at least make some decisions.

To quote Von Ryan's Express: "Even if one gets out, that is a victory!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should be noted that others, while they are no doubt pleased with the recent news from the USFW, should publicly recognize that it was DSC that filed and funded the litigation that has resulted in the shift at USFW. Some of the recent postings I have seen this week seem to have been carefully crafted to not 'overtly' take credit for the potential re-start in issuing elephant import permits, yet by omitting DSC from news release, and mentioning the continued work of their own organization, give what seems to be trying to present purposeful impression that they should be credited for the hard and expensive legal work clearly done by DSC on behalf of the international hunting community. I am not being petty...I AM being accurate.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
It should be noted that others, while they are no doubt pleased with the recent news from the USFW, should publicly recognize that it was DSC that filed and funded the litigation that has resulted in the shift at USFW. Some of the recent postings I have seen this week seem to have been carefully crafted to not 'overtly' take credit for the potential re-start in issuing elephant import permits, yet by omitting DSC from news release, and mentioning the continued work of their own organization, give what seems to be trying to present purposeful impression that they should be credited for the hard and expensive legal work clearly done by DSC on behalf of the international hunting community. I am not being petty...I AM being accurate.

Exactly ^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which is why we made sure to mention Dallas Safari Club in our post. As DSC Life Members and Volunteers, we have witnessed first hand the great efforts that DSC and its members have made in this matter, and in other avenues to promote hunting as a major conservation tool.

SSI's goal is to ensure that the hunting community is up to date on the latest news, whatever its source, that effects the import/export of hunting trophies. We are excited by this news as it helps us in our efforts to get hunter's trophies home.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
One step at a time. And this one is definitely in the right direction!

Thanks to DSC and all others who made this possible. Now we have to keep pushing.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13627 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSC did good on this one, so did John Jackson. John and his crew did a tremendous amount of work on this. There are at least two of the plaintiffs in the 12 month category that are active on AR, I’m one of them and if the other wants to be known, it’s his choice. I think this is a good thing but by no means a done deal…applications still have to be approved. I, and others, met with the head of USFWS in 2018 and this very subject was discussed in detail, he was aware that I had a permit application pending and said that no permits could be issued (remember Trump’s “horror show” comment?) Another person in attendance was Ben Cassidy who was employed by USFWS, now with SCI. I would imagine he is about as knowledgeable on this subject as anyone. I hope he will help with this process if he can.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Jackson has clearly been a warrior in this fight Karl, one of the reasons DSC and DSC Foundation continue to financially support his hard work. And when John and Team make breakthrough news via their hard work, DSC at least CREDITS JOHN, not DSC. There are a lot of good folks who have worked to overcome this harmful. and needless elephant import stoppage, and I credit EVERYONE on that list...by name if necessary. Yet, in this lawsuit, it was DSC who did the heavy lifting on this lawsuit and even so they are not doing News and Press Release VICTORY LAPS as some others have done. In fact, that kind of "LOOK AT US, LOOK AT US" nonsense was clearly what gave the other side legs that eventually found themselves walking right into Trumps office pre the HORROR SHOW tweet. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes it is best to just fulfill your mission, do your job, and keep it low-key, satisfied that you helped the fight for the international hunting community.

international hunting community.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John Jackson isn't as well known in this effort by the rank and file hunters as he should be. I donate to his Conservation Force on a monthly basis and we all should.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't get all excited.... at the same time US HOUSE had passed, AGAIN, the language to ban the import of elephants and lions from Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and Zambia, Section 436 on the Interior Appropriations Act 2022!!

This is disgusting and directly usurps African country's right to manage their own wildlife!!

Further, in a new Petition, the Antis want this changed to BAN IMPORTATION OF ALL MAMMALS AND BIRDS!!... dead or alive!! This is monumental!!

This has to go to the Senate....???

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Disgusting does not even come close!

This is only one of the effects of Western interference in African countries affairs.

School, universities, hospitals, had to close because of utterly stupid laws enacted in Europe to "protect" gay rights.

International companies have been helping finance these, then new laws in Europe bans them from paying a penny to any country that follows its own laws and traditions regarding gays!

This is the New Colonization.

I really wish the African countries get together and stick it to the West!

Ban any of their raw materials to be exported to any country that interferes in their laws.

The West will come to a standstill!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I too am a plaintiff. John Jackson graciously walked me through the whole process and kept me informed. He did outstanding work here as well.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Jackson has clearly been a warrior in this fight Karl, one of the reasons DSC and DSC Foundation continue to financially support his hard work. And when John and Team make breakthrough news via their hard work, DSC at least CREDITS JOHN, not DSC. There are a lot of good folks who have worked to overcome this harmful. and needless elephant import stoppage, and I credit EVERYONE on that list...by name if necessary. Yet, in this lawsuit, it was DSC who did the heavy lifting on this lawsuit and even so they are not doing News and Press Release VICTORY LAPS as some others have done. In fact, that kind of "LOOK AT US, LOOK AT US" nonsense was clearly what gave the other side legs that eventually found themselves walking right into Trumps office pre the HORROR SHOW tweet. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes it is best to just fulfill your mission, do your job, and keep it low-key, satisfied that you helped the fight for the international hunting community.

Amen.

J. Lane Easter, DVM