New
Find
Notify
Tools

trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi, I am very new to this site so I hope that I am placeing the in the right place.

I would like to know what is allowed to be brought back to the US as far as animal trophies are concerned. ie: capes, skins....

Also do the dip and shippers send all the skin or just the capes?

Thanks

Got'er done

Posts: 40 | Location: Middleburg, Fl. | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about sport hunted trophies? If so, you can bring back anything you want. Skulls, capes, full skins, horns, etc. (provided they were taken legally and some species require a CITES permit).
You can't bring back any meat from Africa.

The shippers will send back what your PH gives them. Full skins, capes or back skins.

You shoot a kudu, the PH will ask how you want it skinned. If you want a shoulder mount, they will send back the cape, skull and horns. If you want the backskin, then just tell your PH.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
I have been debating what to bring back from Namibia and I have use for the leather. But am not sure the price of shipping would be worth it.

Even though this will be my first Safari I am thinking about European mounts for everything unless one or two animals stand out as an exceptional hunt. . .

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ropes,

I think you have a good plan. Like a lot of us on my first safari I had shoulder mounts of everything. Now years later I really wish I had done european mounts on several of my animals from that safari. I since have taken much larger specimens of some of those trophies from my first safari and they have ended up as the european's. In my mind it really should be the other way around. Also less taxidermy = more animals Wink

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responces . This will be my firat african hunt.

Got'er done

Posts: 40 | Location: Middleburg, Fl. | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote