Find
Notify
Tools

Jail for poachers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Too lenient for my taste.

Only way to stop the bloody Chink from participating in wildlife poaching is kneel the bastards down and put a bullet in the back of the head!

That is how they deal with criminals back home in China!

Small scale poaching to feed your family is fine.

Large scale poaching to decimate wildlife should have the death penalty.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Too lenient for my taste.

Only way to stop the bloody Chink from participating in wildlife poaching is kneel the bastards down and put a bullet in the back of the head!

That is how they deal with criminals back home in China!

Small scale poaching to feed your family is fine.

Large scale poaching to decimate wildlife should have the death penalty.

tu2 totally agree

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X2!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
When I hunted in Namibia in May 2019, we caught two native poachers red handed with a Warthog they killed using dogs. The National Police arrived within a matter of hours, took a sworn statement from my PH Jan du Plessis, and locked the perps up in a paddy wagon. One of the perps had just been released after serving a lengthy sentence for murder. He’ll be serving a lengthy sentence as a repeat offender. Namibia doesn’t play games with career criminals.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most local poachers spend a few minutes to a few days in jail for poaching and are out again. Involving the police has been the single worst thing in dealing with poaching. We've caught the police buying the poached game meat so it's all a big game, nothing more.

Most likely the only reason why the poachers in SA were finally sentenced is the bribe money dried up. It is a truly red-letter day when any of them do serious time.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A chinaman in an African jail, he will spend plenty of time on his knees.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
X3 with Saeed. By the way, meat and money talk to African cops. Years ago, my PH, his son and I were on our way back to Bulawyo from a hunt in Southern Zimbabwe, when we were stopped at a roadblock outside of Bulawayo. Everything was in order with the paperwork, trophies, etc. However, one Zimbo cop claimed that things on the paperwork didn't match up, even after a simple explanation. My PH kept arguing with him, which wasn't getting us anywhere. I finally told my PH to just give him a hindquarter of Impala, as the rest of the cops were over in the bush with a fire going and no meat to cook, just a small bag of Sadza. He did so, and miraculously everything then appeared to be perfect with the paperwork and we drove on. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Fanta Orange will get you through most African roadblocks or problems with traffic cops. Works better than cash.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Speed limit on the road from the Matesi to airport in Vic Falls is $20.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crap, I hope those are Zim dollars... Eeker