New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bah! Humbug Again!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mims, did someone hide your Scotch bottle? You've sure been awefully grumpy lately.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TT.
You know how I get when I can't find goodies for my clients.
Makes me wonder if we should not shoot all the bean counters!

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I called Winchester months ago when i couldn't find a Model 70 Big Bore anywhere. the resposnse was "we're not making a run until November." Go figure. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was working at a big gunshop in College (1999-2000), you couldn't get a Winchester, period. They just weren't making any rifles.

Davidson's or Sports South would have a special run made now and then (or else would "find" some in the warehouse). Other than that, zippo.

I can't understand what they do with all that tooling when they're idle? Can the make shotguns on the same machines? I did notice that there were alot of Brownings available at the time...maybe they only make one at a time (Browning/Winchester) on the same machinery?

I've done some consulting to manufacturing companies, and I've never seen it be profitable to have machines sitting idle when there was demand for your product.

Who knows....

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a bean counter, maybe we should shoot all BSing salesmen, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is that old sign that reads, "We shoot every third salesman and the second one just left!"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just tried finding a Citori O/U 12 ga for a customer.
I called about 14 distributors and the reply from some was that they had no 12 ga. Browning o/u at all much less the model I was looking for. Add that to the fact I can find no Winchester Safari Classics in 375 nor Marlin 1894's in 32 H&R etc. etc. etc.....grump, frump and Bah Humbug!
It is my understanding that there are basicly no Browning products available from dist. / wholesalers be it shotgun, rifle or handguns. Sure going to make for a different Santa Clause season.
Hurmp!