Find
Notify
Tools

The real counter argument ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Trophic-Hunter
posted
... to those who debate whether the benefits of trophy hunting are sufficient enough to justify it or not - and several recent editorials and op-eds confirm that trophy hunting, (based upon the "Sustainable-Use" model), is definitely beneficial ... ... ... but the real counter argument is that the other model, (based on "Protectionism"), has never worked ... ever ... and that's been proven over-and-over again for more than a century ... ... ...

... so why am I not reading that in any of the news reports? ...

... or even here?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, it's not about logic, it's about emotion!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
Unfortunately, it's not about logic, it's about emotion!

Yes, it's all about feeling. The Good Lord forbid someone of the greenie variety would actually put any of their money or time into any real cause. Just tweet about it, post about it, and feel all better.

A good argument I came across on Breitbart today... Mandela went on a hunt and declared hunting to be a conservation tool. Won't that make all the "caring" hipsters go all apoplectic?

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:

A good argument I came across on Breitbart today... Mandela went on a hunt and declared hunting to be a conservation tool. Won't that make all the "caring" hipsters go all apoplectic?

... hasn't so far (old news): http://madiba.mg.co.za/article...5-mandela-goes-green

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trophic-Hunter:
quote:

... hasn't so far (old news): http://madiba.mg.co.za/article...5-mandela-goes-green

I think, perhaps, you missed the point. We need to remind them. The Breitbart article I posted about was from today.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Trophic-Hunter:
quote:

I think, perhaps, you missed the point. We need to remind them. The Breitbart article I posted about was from today.

Thats' true; nothing wrong with keeping that very significant story alive ... (and, by the way, I am most definitely a hipster ... and a huge NM fan). Smiler

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
NM was a crook

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote