Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

richard cooke zimbabwe
 Login/Join

posted
has anyone hunted with richard cooke in zimbabwe. Considering booking a leopard hunt for my wife with him next year.

Posts: 16 | Location: dallas | Registered: 12 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I don't know him, but the is listed on HHK's website as a PH. HHK Hunters' Profiles Which speaks highly of him.

He and his wife have a business African Savanna Furniture

Click on "Safaris and Tours" for his hunting site.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't hunted with Richard my self but I have run into him a couple of times in camps at Matetsi, Chete and Charisa. His hunters were doing well and seemed quite happy with him.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I spent about 2 days with him in 2003 when I was hunting at Chirisa with HHK. He was not my PH but was in our camp and guiding a doctor from Cologne, Germany who had hunted with him many times.
Richard seemed like a great guy, and particularly discussed his love of lion hunting, something he was doing with the German in addition to buffalo hunting. The doc had hired a photographer to go along with them and video their hunt. We would watch the highlights of their hunt during the evenings we were both there.
Richard seemed like a very good guy, an excellent hunter, and a lot of fun.
From what I learned, Richard is basically an independent PH that books his clients on concessions controlled by a variety of safari companies, including HHK.
From my experience, I think he would be a fine choice.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote