New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambian Outfitters at SCI Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a recommendation for 2021 hunt. 10-14 day Buffalo and plains game with a side trip for lechwe and sitatunga. I want to visit with the outfitter at the convention.

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, Alister Norton was going to be there in John Barth's booth.

I've hunted with Alister twice and will again. Highly recommend him.

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe duPlooy's will be at SCI. I didn't see them at Dallas.
You should contact Fairgame on this forum. I believe Andrew and colleagues could do you well!!
CHEERS,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The DuPlooy's (Muchinga adventures) are supposed to be there. They are an excellent outfit.

It was a few years back, but I hunted with them and did the side trips to Bangwelu for black lechwe and Blue Lagoon for Kafue flats lechwe... My PH was Alister Norton on that hunt. I also did a Sitatunga with Johnny as PH a few years later. Muchinga is hands down the fastest and most responsive company I have dealt with for getting my trophies back.

Since then, Alister has gone out on his own, but he is a great PH. I think I'm the only client who he didn't get a lion with. Ever.

I haven't hunted with Andrew, but every thing I have read and heard he is first class. But, I think he said here that he is not coming over for the shows this year.

Mr. Bell-Cross is also a good operator. Not sure if he will be at SCI.

Posts: 10988 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
The DuPlooys are excellent and I look forward to hunting with them again. Laura is very detail oriented and things run smoothly. Johnny is a great guy and very good PH. They are a first rate safari company. Mark Young is your contact to book with them.

I also hunted with Richard Bell-Cross in 2018 and would very much like to have another hunt with him. I don’t think you could go wrong with either of them. Finally, though I haven’t hunted with Andrew Baldry, I have visited his camp in the Kafue and spent some time with him at SCI. Good fellow whom I would not hesitate to hunt with.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvrhunter:
Looking for a recommendation for 2021 hunt. 10-14 day Buffalo and plains game with a side trip for lechwe and sitatunga. I want to visit with the outfitter at the convention.

Note that Sitatunga is not aside trip. and the good areas are booked well in advance.

Contact SHOAZ for a list of Zambian attendees:

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I sent you a PM.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hit up the Neal and Brownlee booth. Lance Higgins should be there with them and is a top notch PH in Zambia. I hunted with him last year for buff and leopard.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
Hit up the Neal and Brownlee booth. Lance Higgins should be there with them and is a top notch PH in Zambia. I hunted with him last year for buff and leopard.

Jeremy

Lance is excellent and maybe invite him to dinner.

Not sure he can help you with Sitatunga.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of good suggestions and I've Pm some of you that replied. I'm not booking this year as I'm aware that the prime outfitters are booked out a few years.

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hvrhunter,

You are asking about a somewhat specialized safari so if your looking at 2021 it would be wise to book it soon. Later in the season on a dark of the moon period would be ideal for the sitatunga. Booking early to get those dates is quite important.

Come by booth 881 at SCI and we can discuss it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote