New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHITE Powder V BLACK Powder
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I love it when I pull a fast one on one of those know-it-all sort of people.

I was loading some reduced loads for the 577 T.Rex this afternoon. I load 40 grains of UNIQUE, and add about 10 grains of CAPOK on top.

I loaded all the cases - all full of the white filler up to the neck. I did not seat the bullets, as I was also installing a RAID set in one of my friend's computers.

Anyway, in walks a man who generally pretends to know more than anyone else. He walked around to where the powder measure was, and saw the cases full of this white stuff.

"Hey Saeed, what is this white powder?"

"Ah, this a new type of powder we just got. It is really fantastic, as it reduces the recoil by almost half!"

"Really?"

"Yep, here, let me load you one with the black powder, and you can try them for yourself"

"Isn't this rifle the one that kicks so much it flies out of people's hands?"

"No not this one. The one that REALLY kicks is that one on the right" I showed him the 700 NE we have.

"Yeah, I can see how much bigger the barrel hole is"

I loaded one more round for him with our regular 180 grains of powder, and gave him the WHITE powder load first to shoot - telling him it was the BLACK powder load, as it kicks more!

He held onto the rifle, and shot it.

"Pooh! I was scared it would kick, but it is not bad at all"

"Here try this one, you will notice it kicks about half as much"

I could not film him, as that would have given the game away.

He fired the gun, dropped it to the floor, and held his bleeding lips!

Walter was ready with the first aid box and a box of tissue paper, saying "Come sit down and dry the blood from your face. And ALWAYS remember, you know NOTHING when you are in this place. Pretending to be MR. KNOW IT ALL will only get you in trouble with Saeed"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sort of reminds be of a friend many moons ago that was out plinking off chipmunks in a gully behind his house. He was using some old cast bullets from a 45 acp in his 458 with 5 grains of bullseye. Neighbor came over to check out what he was doing, watch for awhile and says that he always wanted to try one of them big guns out. Well kieth sort of substitutes a full power load into the thing and hands it over. Neibor quated down and sighted in on the chipmunk. When the thing went off he just rolled backwards down into the bottom of the gully.

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago when I was working in a shop, we had a guy come in with his A-5 browning,claiming it wasn't working,,the smith went over it,and even showed himthe little weep hole for oil. He insisted they we reload some sheels to try.Now the smith was tied of this fool as he said so he loaded some shells with black powder, and told him to try them... He did and came back the next week and traded the gun off on another, said some thing about smoke ever where roflmao

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying this thread Smiler

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've found a full case of pyrodex in my T Rex is very comfortable to shoot with decent velocity. More work cleaning though.

Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote