New
Find
Notify
Tools

Still dangerous after dead?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
They can get you even after you kill them!
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/n...-buffalo-743681.html
C.G.B.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
"Water Buffalo".....clowns.....

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. What about the 200 pounds? If they weight 200 pounds, I am a hell of a lot stronger than I thought.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Agreed. What about the 200 pounds? If they weight 200 pounds, I am a hell of a lot stronger than I thought.

Damn that "WATER BUFFALO"mount must have been mounted on a concrete form if it weighs 200 pounds, and he must have been a real swimmer to get to Africa, and the salt water bent his horns as well.

......................Dippy News paper people, they never cease to amaze me!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
He also wants the rabbit head gone.

``It has horns, too,` Harris said.

Jackalope mount?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid and didn't know any better, I used to call Cape Buffalo "Water Buffalo". It is a common mistake made by non hunters. I doubt the mount weighted 200lb.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He won't be the first or the last to call them water buffalo.

The other one that drives me crazy is when people ask about lions & tigers in Africa. I always say that while there are lions in Asia there are no tigers in Africa. I always get this funny look.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I wish I'd known they weighed "200 pounds" when I hung a couple of them up on the wall with no help. No wonder my back hurt afterward! Big Grin

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I have one on a pedestal that will approach 200 lbs. It took three of us to get him over the pedestal rod.

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if people might not be a little more careful about their language if they realized that the "carabao" (the true "water buffalo")is ridden by 5 year olds in the Philippines out to the fields. The image of a small boy on the back of a massive beast might educate many people about the difference. (Yeah, you cynics are probably right that it won't) Smiler

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How old was the mount. Years ago, when there were no foam cores, the mounts were pretty heavy.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote