New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dollars and Danger in Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know what this is really about but CNBC is running a show on Africa tonight at 8 pm.

Title: Dollars and Danger in Africa.

In case it is worth watching.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
It's about investing in emerging markets if I recall.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it's on CNBC, you can bet it will be CRAP!

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
clap yuck
I could not agree more. Besides with current economic conditions who's got extra money to invest anyway?

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

You would be suprised how much BIG money is being invested in Africa.

And how many American and European companies and people are working there, not to mention the Chinease.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Chinese will own key parts of Africa in the very near future. Our government does not know how to invest, we give it away without credit or reparation.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Dall, the issue is not knowing how to invest. The issue is that the Chinese will deal with anyone and NOT talk to them about, freedom, democracy and human rights. Having said that, you are correct about Chinese influence in Africa.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I found it interesting. Some of the interviews were a bit contrived and slanted but still interesting.
I do recall that while in Bullawayo The only merchandise that seemed to be in abundance was the junk from China. The same junk our stores are all carrying and trying to shove down our throats.
Anyway, I found it interesting.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote