New
Find
Notify
Tools

JOHN F BURGER
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I never hear his name in here but John F BURGER was an awesome African Hunter .I really enjoyed his books .I like books that make you want to go to the places they hunted .I.have a new set of his books for sale if anyone needs a set .I really enjoyed reading about the danger and toils he when through .He had to be really tough as nails to do the things he did !

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of his books and really enjoyed it. He makes you feel like you were there with him on his hunts.

Instead of tons of bureaucracy, he dealt with the logistics of self-sufficiency in a time where villagers would seek help with a man-killing lions and buffalo.

He has shot some fantastic buffaloes in his day!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He was awesome made others seem silly on.buffalo .They don't make them like him.any more tough.as nails he was .I am reducing my African library not enough room in my cabin for the hundreds of books I.have .I.chose to go to Alaska instead of going to Africa stayed 12 years .I.bought 6 416 rem mags for Africa stayed in Alaska not going to Africa even though I always wanted to .I guess turning 55 did that to me .Hope someone enjoys these books they are awesome!

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote