Find
Notify
Tools

My Elephant Helps a Family
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
One of the clubs I belong to was looking for donations to auction for charity. This is an all ladies group and I am probably one of the only members that hunt. Everyone did look through my big photo album after I returned from Africa this year.

I decided to donate an elephant hair bracelet from my tuskless cow for the auction as a few of the women commented that they liked them. I wasn't sure how well it would go over but was I surprised. All the donated items are being done as a silent auction so you can see what people are bidding.

The top item from day one has been the bracelet! People are practicaly fighting over it. Smiler

The money raised will go to a needy family for this Christmas.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Great. Can I bid?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Forrest, I suppose you could! I will PM you with a phone number tomorrow sometime.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Ann!

I would like to make a bid too!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

Fantastic! Will get in touch tomorrow.

~Ann

one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
So let's do an on-line auction right here on AR. Neat idea!

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Yes thats a great idea. the auction here for AR members would have maybe 15 - 20 items, no duplications. One of the Moderators would watch over it and the $ would go to some needy national charities cause. What about it. I'll donate some something.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to put a bid on it send me a PM and I will give you the phone number to the club. The bidding closes on Friday of this week! They are only taking cash or check.

~Ann

one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted Hide Post
Ann

Any ide what the estimated going price will?

brad

Brad Rolston African Hunting
P.O. Box 506
Stella
Kalahari
South Africa
Tel : + 27 82 574 9928
Fax : + 27 86 672 6854
E-Mail : rolston585ae@iafrica.com

Posts: 318 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brad,

I don't know, I was unable to get to the club before closing today. I will try tomorrow to see what it is at.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I placed a bid on your bracelet. Thanks for telling us about it.