New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Safari Times
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Kerry is out goose hunting today in Ohio. If any hunter believes this photo op they deserve what they get. In case any one is interested, in an interview give months ago he talked about when his grandfather would loan him (Kerry) his rifle to go bird hunting, eh!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
James & 500grains,

As an SCI Board member and a ZPHAGA member I volunteered last January to people in Zimbabwe to carry their water within SCI if they would get me legally actionable, first-hand information about OOA or anyone else.

I am still waiting.

SCI has over 40,000 members. Who are the people who know crimes are being committed, and covering up for the criminals?

We have a small tradition in this country of treating people as innocent until proven guilty. How can "SCI" act against members who have not been proven guilty? I can tell you it does act against those bad actors who have been.

Putting posts up on the Internet alleging misbehavior is not the equivalent of a court of law.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Ann;

Perhaps these alleged illegal outfitters that are hunting in Zim are large exhibitors and contributors at SCI conventions and they would rather not mention their names untill proof is presented.

Out of Africa Safaris is the name of one of the South African outfitters that has been conducting illegal hunts in Zim. And Out of Africa is a big SCI donor, so SCI does nothing about it.

SCI is about money, not ethics.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree SCI knows about the operators and dose nothing they keep falling back on the we are waiting for proof all the while collecting the contributions BTW they have been saying that for over a year now.
Yet charges have been filed, hunt reports been confirmed, land owners logged complaints and from all the talk around the shows by so many different people involved in the industry it is no new news and still no action. This is the reason I let my membership go and will go to Dallas this year but not Reno. I feel by giving them money I am condoning and worse supporting there behavior.

Right is right and wrong is wrong there are no grey areas. SCI has become a money driven being and with reports of high level officers using lets say less then ethical behavior in the field you have to wonder has it gone to there head?

James F. Nixon III

Posts: 39 | Location: North GA. | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Read two items of interest in the SCI paper last night.

A short and very vague blurb about illegal operators in Zimbabwe. Obviously SCI has had complaints and names have been mentioned, yet SCI mentions no name(s)in the article. I was disappointed by that.

HSUS fully endorses Kerry for President and refers to SCI very negatively (no surprise). Then, further goes on to mention they know Kerry is a hunter and all and are disappointed by that and all......

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Zim story was a "form letter" regurgitating the White House memo.

I think Kerry admitted he was a mass murderer in order to get the illegal felon vote.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote