New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vultures and lead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I have had terrible results from mono bullets, Barnes, Failsafes and the like.
I know they work, so don't read me the riot act. They have just been bad luck for me. Most animals were found, the shot placement was not the issue, bullet performance was. Did loose a couple pigs that the shot threw dust in the right place, but couldn't recover them.
I wont switch until I'm made to, but wont give up hunting if I have to of course.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only animals that die of lead poisoning are the ones that get shot - fact. coffee

Posts: 2037 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Could it be vulture populations are done because wildlife populations are down?

The Parsi population is dwindling and Sky burials are less fashionable. Big Grin

Fulvio,

You bring up an interesting point. With the dearth of vultures world wide, it makes it difficult for the Parsi to excarnate.

Are there very many Parsi still living in Tanzania?

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

From what I have been told, extremely few and their lofty vulture's dining perch was dismantled long ago.

I would think they have also broken with that tradition, especially those that live in places where vultures and other carrion-eaters don't exist or are too few in numbers to get the job done "jaldi jaldi". Big Grin

Posts: 2037 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

From what I have been told, extremely few and their lofty vulture's dining perch was dismantled long ago.

I would think they have also broken with that tradition, especially those that live in places where vultures and other carrion-eaters don't exist or are too few in numbers to get the job done "jaldi jaldi". Big Grin

tu2

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote