Find
Notify
Tools

delete
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted
So, is everyone own their own these nights?

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
So no Friday night AR group dinner.

Nor Saturday night get together @ Comfort Inn?(or anywhere else)

Keith

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope the traditional Fri/Sat. Events will continue. In was looking forward to introducing them to my new spouse.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
keith ... we're at the magnolia... both nights.... look forward to seeing you there...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I was told it was a privilege to org the two events. I just can't figure out why some one hasn't stepped forward to have this pleasure and add to their experience at DSC.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've done the Friday night dinner a couple of times and ten or twelve years ago hosted the first Saturday night party in my hotel room.

By doing so, I've met dozens of folks who post here... all great guys and ladies. I've even hunted with AR contributors in Africa and the U.S. My girls and I are now fortunate to call our host and his beautiful family, our friends. Heck, I've even attended a fellow AR guy's wedding and he came to mine. Big Grin

While there are no guarantees, I can assure you that the rewards were worth much more than the little effort.

Somebody, take a deep breath and P.M. me and we'll get the torch passed. BTW, I live 900 miles from Dallas, so distance isn't a bit of a problem. I'm sure Ed, Mike, Biebs, Scott and about a half-dozen other guys who've either been the chief or an Indian will be glad to give tips, too.

Okay... who enjoys AR enough to spend a few hours getting it done?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take the Saturday night Hospitality Room again. We saved the "hard stuff" from last year, so we're halfway there, cost-wise.

Posts: 20092 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, Sat is not so much (contact the Comfort Inn and res room and if enough stay there no charge), but Friday is another story. Find a restaurant, make contact, get pricing get a census of AR interested members, collect the monies etc.. In truth a month is not much time.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
OK, Sat is not so much (contact the Comfort Inn and res room and if enough stay there no charge), but Friday is another story. Find a restaurant, make contact, get pricing get a census of AR interested members, collect the monies etc.. In truth a month is not much time.

How about for Friday night, that a place is named, everybody orders from the menu, and covers their own tab. Some place very casual where we can get up from our seat and visit with others. This was not easily done in the past because of how crowded the room was and the seating was set up.

Just an idea. sofa

Keith

PS, Jason's Deli would suit me, as the fellowship is more important than the type of meal. Plus they should not be over run with others for dinner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hog Kill go for it. Find a restaurant etc etc.