THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hook,Elton, we have created a monster, Laura wants to hunt RSA!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hook,Elton, we have created a monster, Laura wants to hunt RSA!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It seems the strangest things can trigger the desire to hunt the dark continent. I brought my .300 H&H project home from the 'smith today. My orders are shoot it and if you like the groups, we can go further, if not I could get rid of it before I spent more money. The stock is way short for me even with the decelerator. My daughter was over for dinner and I had a thought, the stock might fit her. It was perfect. So, I asked if she would like me to find an action for it and then what caliber (it's a P14/m1917 enfield action)? She said," well, nothing monster big but I want to go to Africa and shoot some stuff, no buffalo or elephants but a porcupine would be nice or maybe a springbok or impala but definitely a porcupine.". I guess reading Peter and Fiona Capstick and being exposed to AR members has created another one of us. Org and Luan haven't seen anything yet.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and the problem with this creation is?????? Laura would be fun to have around and i think her and Lelani would really like hunting together since Lelani does not have any female friends who like to hunt.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I will build her an '06 with a ghost ring rear and a night sight front and then put a side mount weaver k4 or k2.5 on it. She is left eye dominate and likes the side mount on my 9.3x57. She will have to start shooting a lot more.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You guy's must try Namibia some time too. Really affortable and lots and lots of shooting opportunities. Pop me a mail so we can get you guy's rolling.

Jaco@jsvdm.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim

I will help anytime maybe father in law but please keep her away from hook his got bad manners and dont let it go of on laura please sofa

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luan,
TO LATE LAURA IS ONE OF MY GREAT FRIENDS AND SHE WILL WHIP YOUR BIG ASS FOR DISPARAGING COMMENTS ABOUT ME LIKE THAT. AND BELIEVE ME BROTHER SHE IS THE WOMAN WHO CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luan, Laura was exposed to don at an early age so she will know if it is a mock charge or she really needs to put him down. Working in Hooker's African art store was her first job.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Working in Hooker's African art store was her first job.

And knowing Hooker, she's probably still waiting for her first paycheck :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paycheck? I think she evened up with merchandise in trade for labor. She has always been a shrewd negotiator, even when young.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya she learned how to work a deal watching her old man sell air to unsuspecting innocents.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And by the way how did Elton and myself create this monster she's the fruit of you loins if I'm not mistaken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim

To put don down is easy i just open one of my pet bushpig cages and don will go chasing his love of his life and we can have peace for the rest of the time.

Luan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luan,
and just why do you have PET bush pigs what are you doing with these pigs when no one is around I have had my suspicions about your alter ego Shabalal for quit some time ????? shocker shocker rotflmo rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, for the record, i don't sell air......I rent itWink and I said we as in you, me and the Indian along with the help of Peter and Fiona Capstick, Bror blixen and Ernest hemingway's writing have created the" Laura wants to hunt Africa monster". Bought her a nice BRNO Mauser in '06 for the base of her plains game rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, Luan, he must rut a lot quieter in a cage. He would wake up the whole neighborhood here with a wild pig.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tim your right Luan is quiet but i do have pictures of him and his favorite bush pig . i would consider selling to the highest bidder rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey hook

Watch out i have some photos too and some crocs inside a heyna ass also so be very very carefull about the photos you wanna sell.

Luan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luan
bye the way what where you doing with that hyena to lost that croc?????? did she leave camp smiling and smoking a cigarette?????? I hear she came back to camp later calling your name in a love sick voice rotflmo rotflmo

posted Hide Post
All of you guys can go forward and back with all the asumptions.Tim bring her with so she can shoot some stuff i will ph her.

org

Posts: 10 | Location: Ohrigstad RSA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are working out the details for her trip. She may not make it this year, but she is definitely coming to hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FINALLY WELCOME TO AR ORG!!!!!!! AKA BORG. for those who don't know Borg IS MY GREAT FRIEND FROM rsa WHO I HAVE HAD THE DISTINCT PLEASURE OF HUNTING WITH EATING BRAII WITH AND JUST HAVING AN ALL AROUND GOOD TIME WITH SOME OF YOU MEET HIM IN DALLAS THIS YR. HE'S ALSO A FRIEND OF LUAN'S BUT PLEASE DON'T HOLD THAT AGAINST HIM rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Borg,
we know who the great PH is in your family and she will like hunting with Laura rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welkom org

Guys org a great guy excellent ph only fault he have his friends with ddrhook im trying to get him sorted out and keep him on the straight rode.

Luan

posted Hide Post
Thanks Luan the only love for pigs i have is to shoot them.

Org

Posts: 10 | Location: Ohrigstad RSA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hook
Yes luck and Lelani are the same thing when it comes to hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya but she has nicer legs than you do jumping

posted Hide Post
you are not suppose to look at her legs you must scout for game

org

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry Org, the only legs that turn on Don have hooves on the end and ham at the top.

posted Hide Post
Tim
True and a round snout
Org

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not look!!!!! Sean told me Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He looked but he was fantasizing about a bush pig.

Picture of Miss Lovecraft
posted Hide Post
How the fresh hell did this turn into a "Don's Favourite Hobby" thread?!

Efter þvi sem gamlir fuglar sungu, kvököu þeir ungu.

Guð hjálpar þeim sem hjálpa sér sjálfir.

Posts: 22 | Location: Reykjavik, Iceland | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote