Find
Notify
Tools

Just How Empty is Your Life?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
Just how empty and meaningless must be your life to be proud of getting squashed, chewed on or maybe killed?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tra...lions-enclosure.html

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The lion was just a few days old when Arrie, the sanctuary’s resident lion expert, found it wandering the roadside, injured and malnourished.

It had been raised with a view to being released back into the wild.

Yeah, right. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a mauling? The press certainly have a flair for embelleshing.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeeep the media is the same world wide embellishing everything or out and out lieing. that cat was playing with his new friend nothing else. just playing. (If you cant play with the big dogs (or cats in this case) stay on the porch) jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shame it wasn't hungry. What a video that would have made.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With his tail flicking like that, and some dissapproving growls, I think that was a sign that he did not want his tummy tickled that day!

Posts: 302 | Location: England | Registered: 10 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I noticed that no-body was carrying a handgun/bear banger with them, if something were to happen, it is always good to fire off a shot to scare/distract the animal. This lion is probably a bit too big now to be introduced to people he is not familiar with. Unless however he is a very easy-going lion, but everybody has their bad days.

Posts: 302 | Location: England | Registered: 10 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do these idiots believe lions are vegans? Perhaps this is a great form of natural selection!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you hear him claim(right when he exited the cage)...."I survived a fight with a lion?"

At this point I am uncertain who exactly is the pussy.

The caretaker stood his ground and never left the cage.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone should explain to these dolts that the lion really was playing. Then take them somewhere they can experience a real mauling. I dont think he would find it so cool then. So what were we supposed to learn from this besides another candidate for a Darwin award?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is my all time favorite lion video.
Just goes to show that nature always wins vs nurture, tame lion my ass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09fS0gZGdY

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Ian,

That was pretty good. I always wonder where these karma flakes come from. I don't know whether she was trying to be the lion or the lion's play toy.

All the lion did was knock her down and they took her to the hospital. Jeez, butch up martial artist!!

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
I just cant stop laughing at it. She just went fetal and was getting ready to die.

Great to see the switch in the lions behavior though, he goes from disinterested to pounce and play/kill mode instantly.
George Adamson had a similar mauling when he fell and hurt his ankle, the change in his behavior triggered a similar response from one of his "trusted" old males. Nature is nature, hard wired for millions of years.
Cheers
Ian

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
I just cant stop laughing at it. She just went fetal and was getting ready to die.

Great to see the switch in the lions behavior though, he goes from disinterested to pounce and play/kill mode instantly.
George Adamson had a similar mauling when he fell and hurt his ankle, the change in his behavior triggered a similar response from one of his "trusted" old males. Nature is nature, hard wired for millions of years.

Cheers
Ian

One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Do lions have "razor sharp teeth"? I don't think so. If you want to see sharp teeth look no further than a house cat. And even a house cat can be triggered into attacking it's owner. Crazy not to expect the same or worse from a wild lion!

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Bill in resisting any word play references for attractive breathless women and dangerous pussies etc.
Is it an age thing ??

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I think you limeys have a definite excess of time on your hands as you apparently are always seeking out sexual innuendos.

That is what I have heard anyway, as I am now too old to remember how sex is defined, much less sexual innuendo. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vlam:
Here is my all time favorite lion video.
Just goes to show that nature always wins vs nurture, tame lion my ass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09fS0gZGdY

I always love to see these "martial" artist get there belief system knocked out of their asses! It was just a little love tap buck it up there Kahma Sutra Warrior.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
When are these idiots going to learn that lions are not toy poodles? If they can't be set free because they might kill people,and you want to get in the cage with them then film it so other idiots can see them kill YOU!

.......................SMARTTTTTTTTTTT

Here's my fix for this! BOOM

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote