THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2008 AR & AIM show hunts and get together.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 AR & AIM show hunts and get together.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please feel free to let us know what you think.... The more people comment, the longer this post stays at the top...... Wink

You need to contact Jaco or I by e-mail for further details.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Sounds interesting. Can you point me to someplace where we can learn more about the hunting?

Thanks!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Those trophy fee's will be tuff to beat! Good luck...this looks like a great offer!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Steve, Ask away bwana - The area is one of the very best game reserves in RSA and has huge game populations. Terrain varies from mountainous to flatlands and is predominantly mixed acacia bushveldt.

Roscoe,

The daily rate ain't bad either! - I've been hunting this area for 25 years and it's one of the very best. - Even Mandela has visited and rumour has it that he even hunted a bit there. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I just replied to a PM from Jaco about my questions. Basicly I just wanted details about where the hunt would take place. Area (acres/hectars), fencing, accomidations, etc.

Photos of the ranch would be nice as well!

Thanks!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fulldraw Outdoor Media
posted Hide Post
Steve/Jaco,
Wow! Those are some very interesting rates. If you had this planned a month later I would be very interested in knowing what the 1 on 1 rates would be. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I want to know what it would be any way, you just never know! LOL

It seems you two have been working hard at this. I commend your efforts.

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media
"From Alaska to Zimbabwe...Have Cameras, Will Travel"

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Whew, getting lots of questions by PM and e-mail on this.

The reserve is approximately 60000 hectares of a combination of flatlands and mountains with the expected range of game animals to be expected in those habitats. The reserve also has good populations of both black and white rhino, elephants, buffalo and leopard on it.

There's two hunting camps in the reserve and I'm not sure which one we'll use as it will be dependant upon the number of hunters and non-hunters but we will all be staying in the one camp. Both camps have recently been refurbished and I don't have pics of the changes, but as soon as I can remember how to fly my scanner, I'll post a series of pictures of camps, areas and trophies previously taken there.

I've been hunting this reserve on and off for the last 25 years and know it pretty well.

The cost of hunting 1x1 is an additional US$100 per hunter per day.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve! I'm thinking about it...

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Gentleman,
We would appreciate any questions you have, you can either post it on the forum or send us an pm. Thanks to all who have send us pm's

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Those are some great prices. If we weren't already going to Namibia for 21 days that year, I would be VERY interested. You should make this an annual hunt. I would love to attend one day.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
We intend to make it an annual event - but it can only work if we get the support of the forum members as we sure as hell ain't getting rich on this one and it takes a lot of work and time...... Here's a few pics of camps and I'll post others as and when I can make this new scanner work properly. Wink There's also lots for the non hunters to do here.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here's some more pics..... I'm having trouble with my scanner and will try to post more as and when it allows me to.... All trophes were obviously taken on the reserve.

One of Us
Picture of Jagter
posted Hide Post
One of the most beautiful places I've hunted in my life!
Game in large numbers and due to the size of this property it is fair chase all the way!

One of our 2007 hunts will be just closeby on another game farm in the same area - planning to book one of our July 2008 hunts during July this year (must book one year in advance) in exactly the camp you have posted pictures of above.

Must congratulate Jaco and Steve for selecting this venue!

Something you shouldn't miss, for sure.

OWLS
My Africa, with which I will never be able to live without!

Posts: 654 | Location: RSA, Mpumalanga, Witbank. | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Besides the hunting, there are lots of other activities available, fishing on the Pongola dam, sundowner cruises on the dam, Rhino tracking and lots more.

We would encourage members to bring their partners along. The ladies will enjoy it very much.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bump! Mostly because I am very interested. Now I need to talk wifey into it, which shouldn't be all that difficult. Who else is thinking pretty seriously about it?

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrkyhntr:
Bump! Mostly because I am very interested. Now I need to talk wifey into it, which shouldn't be all that difficult. Who else is thinking pretty seriously about it?

We received quite a lot of pm's and emails. I want to suggest that members who are interested in the hunt must please mail me at jacohu@mweb.co.za or Steve at shakari@mweb.co.za

It is a lot easier to communicate by email than by pm's. We cannot send the same pm to everybody, the system stops us.

Please note that no deposist will be payable now. Deposits will only be payable in October 2007. We are now only trying to establish interest.

This hunt have promise to become an anual event.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Mr Human, I sent you an email.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
email sent to Steve

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Talking to wife about comming with me. I Really
think I am in on this. Thank's for all the hard work on this.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Is this going to happen in 2009 also

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Don't know yet - it'll depend on the show dates and my and Jaco's date committments. Wink

If anyone is interested, could they please let me know.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Shakari

What is Aim?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Brett,

It's what you do just before you shoot a firearm......

jumping jumping

Sorry buddy, it's the SA hunters show that happens in Jo'burg and organised by well known PH and author Pierre van de Walt. - Not a bad day out and although I didn't make the evening party last year because I was in Tanzania, the one the year before was great! Wink

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thanks! lol

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ah, my Brit sense of humour just got the better of me for a moment! - Sorry about that, but
I just couldn't resist it! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Steve

Is there a runway close to/on the reserve? I'll give you a call ...

Johan

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Brett,

It's what you do just before you shoot a firearm......

jumping jumping

Sorry buddy, it's the SA hunters show that happens in Jo'burg and organised by well known PH and author Pierre van de Walt. - Not a bad day out and although I didn't make the evening party last year because I was in Tanzania, the one the year before was great! Wink

That is new to me.

I just point the rifle and pull the trigger and hope for the best1

Most of the time ti works too clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Johan

There's several registered dirt strips in the area and also the Pongola tar strip not too far away. - So you have lot's of choice.

Saeed,

Yup, me too!!!! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a good idea and expressed interest last year. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have posted that as it may be the reason nobody else signed up.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Come on Wink you are one of the good guys, always good to have you around.

Steve I will give you a call.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
The dates are of prime importance for the arrangement of such an event. Confused

I have just spoken to Pierrie van der Walt, the chief show organizer: The 2009 AIM Show is to be held 3rd to 5th April 2009 at the War Museum in Johannesburg.

I know it will make planning quite a bit easier for those who are really interested. WinkI will be glad to join the PARTY! dancing

Help on offer if required.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote