Find
Notify
Tools

Safari 09 291 days till lif toff
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Well made my 09 lion hunt into the Selous more real, booked my plane tickets and with miles I saved $800/ ticket so I am happy and now the serious count down begins...
I will be hunting with Pierre van Tonder Safaris and will spend 21 days there...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I have 234 left myself on my first bull Elephant hunt... Could only hope to come up with Ivory simmilar to your last one... Have not booked the airfare yet. I have to wait until SAA and AMEX hit the new year.

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:

Mike

Great picture!

Mike,

Imagine how pumped you are going to be when there's a month to go....A week...Two days...
Owwww! It will be excrutiating! Certain pain feels really good, right?

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
235 until I leave to chase lion in the Luangwa!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous of you all. Sounds like some great safaris booked.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous also. After this years hunt, my 4th, I think I'd better schedule something like a week in Tuscany (with my Wife) before I plan my next African hunt.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TerryR. In the same boat. I have to go to Hawaii next year damn it. CRYBABY

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After next year I think I'll be making a lot more non-hunting trips for a few years also.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did my duty in Cabo this year after our trip to Tanzania last year. 235 days until our return to Masailand next year.

Richard

Posts: 41 | Location: Memphis, Tennessee | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
THANK GOD my wife is scared to death to fly and is perfectly content to stay home while I globe trot. sure saves a lot of money( translation- twice as many trips as if 2 were traveling). i suppose it might be due to her previous husband dying in a plane crash and leaving her a young widow with 3 kids. Good luck Mike and hope to see you again in Reno.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Mike! I know you'll have fun!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only 205 days until I hook up with John Sharp for fourteen wonderful days in SE Zim. Already getting clothes laid out and office visits scheduled to my Lady Dr. for "required" medications.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Mike
I have 3 hours before I head to deer lease..haha

Cant wait till 09 again in Africa. I know PVT and Annelli are looking forward to it.

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS Mike! Another tremendous safari coming up!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on making it to 290!!!!!!!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
284 days till I'm hunting Buff in Makuti with Buzz...

My first trip over... Smiler

Just applied for my passport today...

Next step is to book the flights...

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makuti is awesome! What are you hunting?

One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
I remember having that fealing , the count down! all I can do right now is read on the forums , good luck !

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Makuti is awesome! What are you hunting?

Sorry Lhook7...

Hadn't looked back at this thread...

Buff & PG are the main things on the menu...

Hopefully tuskless if I can scratch up some extra $$$...

Either way I'm really excited!

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted Hide Post
You folks have made me curious...So I counted my days until I hunt/ As of today, it's 275 until I leave for my hunt with Steyn Caracal Safaris in RSA!

Watch out kudu, oryx, impalla, blesbok, baboons, jackals, leopards & lions!!! I have your Rx of lead injections ready....

I've been practicing...not to mention a blacktail buck in the back of the head @ 256 yds this season.

Karamojo Bill

At then end of my time here, I want to come skidding through the Pearly Gates & hear God say, "Whoa Boy, that was a hell of a ride!"

Posts: 118 | Location: Margaritaville, Oregon | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Mike. I truly enjoyed your last trip and all the useful information you posted before and after.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
TerryR and Jeff h: I'm sorry to say that I'm in the same boat as the two of you. My wife's pushing Italy or Australia, even though she's been to Africa four times with me. Mike: Damn, you're a lucky man. I've shot my big lion. Wished I could afford a second one, but I think that's very wishful thinking. Now another leopard, well, that's different. . . .Are we going to see you and Cherie up in Reno?

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trophyhunter5000:
284 days till I'm hunting Buff in Makuti with Buzz...

My first trip over... Smiler

Just applied for my passport today...

Next step is to book the flights...

294 days till I'm at Makuti. Looks like I'm the next hunt after yours. Really looking forward to the adventure.

Am already working up loads and will visit the range this afternoon to try them out. Reservations and insurance are next on the "to-do" list.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Vaughn and Frank, Thank you... Reno is out for this year, only Dallas going to bring my croc and my ivory to display...Show my friends...

Vaughn come to Dallas and tell Ryan to come also...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike: Have you worked up your loads for the Kimber .375 ? If so, let me know what you're using; I'm taking a Kimber .375 SS to Alaska in May, & need some good load info. I really liked the Kimber when I shot it this summer in PA.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
291 days! Mike, you better get ready. You do not have much time left to be prepared for such a hunt.

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote