THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    I bet she'd make a heck of a tracker!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bet she'd make a heck of a tracker!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
https://greeningz.com/entertai...dium=WC&psl=i_cea882

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I bet she knows more about life than a million Kardashian loving, stupefied, city raised children!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes you want to go and hug a tree. Agree about the whole Kardashian garbage, but irresponsible parenting in my opinion. Did anyone notice the chain on the elephant "wild beast"? She's been lucky, but one of these days ...

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great set of pictures.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6008 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We have the book about her. My wife wanted it years ago after visiting Namibia and talking with someone there. I've never opened the book myself. It sits, along with other African books, on one of our coffee tables. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Makes you want to go and hug a tree. Agree about the whole Kardashian garbage, but irresponsible parenting in my opinion. Did anyone notice the chain on the elephant "wild beast"? She's been lucky, but one of these days ...
I agree that the parents were nuts.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Methinks Tippi had fools for parents and she is lucky to be alive. Having said that! I believe her parents planned everything towards the later book and documentaries with her young life being very well scripted. I didn't see any crocs or mambas! I do agree with the Kardashian crap and had my parents exploited me I would have preferred the African method.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Even Daphne Sheldrick was tossed by the wrong elephant once. Damn near killed her.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bentaframe:
I believe her parents planned everything towards the later book and documentaries with her young life being very well scripted.

All of that was scripted and set up. The parents were attention seekers, and lame ones at that.

I did think the article’s comment on the photo of her with the knife was comical. I guess they don’t realize that letting a child stand with an elephant is far more dangerous than letting them play with a knife???

I have a picture of an 18 month old girl warming herself by the fire next to her family’s hut in Cameroon. She is alone and there are no adults in sight. Not everyone shelters their child from every danger, especially in Africa.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not everyone shelters their child from every danger, especially in Africa.

Indeed and the Masai are among the first offenders from the number of cases I treated related to unattended toddlers crawling into the live coals of a cooking fire.

The main problem was that the infant was inevitably brought several days later when the local remedy of plastering the burn with cow shit didn't work and had reached festering stage.

Fun and games ensued getting the dried turd off without tearing skin and what was left of the flesh which could only be done with a reasonable degree of success by letting the kid soak in cold water until it softened and melted off.

Most of these toddlers survived though scarred for life and sadly, some also maimed.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote