THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    CIC Literary Prize awarded to Fiona Capstick

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CIC Literary Prize awarded to Fiona Capstick
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB NEWS
May / June 2005
http://www.biggame.org/Newsletters/200505.pdf

CIC LITERARY PRIZE

Princess Maria zu Stolberg-Wernigerode of the International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC) announced in March 2005 that the CIC Literary Prize has been awarded to a South African writer, Fiona Claire Capstick, for her book The Diana Files: The Huntress-Traveller Through History, published in South Africa by the prestigious Rowland Ward Publications of Johannesburg.

The CIC Literary Committee made its announcement during the 52nd Annual General Assembly, held in Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates from 12 to 16 March this year. The Assembly, attended by delegates from around the world, including government representatives as well as envoys of the United Nations Organisation, was opened by H.H. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, the Minister of Education. The six-member Literary Prize Jury, in order of country, who accorded this great honour to a South African writer and a South African publisher, were Dr. Gürtler of Austria, Count Louis de Rohan-Chabot of France, Princess Maria zu Stolberg- Wernigerode of Lichtenstein, Mr Vecjko Varicak of Slovenia, Mr Nicholas Franco of Spain and Count Cloude Hamilton of Sweden.

The Diana Files — an ambitious, illustrated international overview of the role of women as hunters from prehistoric times to the new millennium — exhibits the prime quality sought after by the CIC Literary Committee in that it appeals to a broad public, communicating the joy of the natural world in many cultures and the value of hunting in the conservation of the world's wildlife heritage. The special role of women in this most ancient of human activities is of particular interest. Rowland Ward and Fiona Capstick attended four major hunting conventions in the United States of America this year as well as the largest such show in South Africa for the purpose of launching The Diana Files. The CIC Literary Prize is the ultimate accolade in the world of publications devoted to the natural world and hunting and, in this case, it is a double honour for South Africa.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A well deserved recognition for Fiona Capstick.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Congratualtions to Fiona! clap

~Ann

Posts: 19220 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met this fine lady at the Dallas SCI show. Here is a picture of (from right to left) Pierr'e Van Tonder, Fiona Capstick, Andolino, and Ray Atkinson. The gentleman next to Ray is a famous African Hunter, and supposedly has taken a tremendous amount of African game. I can't remember his full name, and forgive me if I spelled what I could remember incorrectly. I bought a copy of "The Diana Files" and Ms Capstick was kind enough to sign it for me. I talked with her for about 30 minutes. She is a great lady.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hunter is Adelino Serras Pires who wrote "The Winds of Havoc" with Fiona Capstick. I believe they are now married.

one of us
posted Hide Post
She is truly a fine person and was very kind in signing her book for me in Dallas. I would recommend the reading as it is very insightful into the history of "not just a man's world" and hunting. My wife has enjoyed it as well.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote