New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant in Matetsi
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How is Matetsi for ele hunting? I have been seeing very reasonably priced bull elephant hunts there lately.

Brett

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I hunted there in late November for 6.5 days and saw plenty of elephants, but no shooter. I think that the rains that started the first day I was there had lots to do with the bigger bulls not being very findable.

HHK then moved me to another concession at no cost, btw.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I took a 45lb there last season and there was another taken in the same camp just a couple of weeks later. Saw several that would run 40/50 lbs. Lot of 30lbs around. Didn't see any BIG herds mostly 12/15 or small 2/3 groups. Plenty on Ele in the concession I was in which butts up against the park and forest.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
The safari company I hunt with has very good success on Elephants, I was hunting there last year, (not for Ele's) we saw good bulls every day, I got some great photo's & video of bulls. Got some great video of two bulls fighting! that was great.

I know they took one last year over 60 lb's, saw some over 50 lb's on our safari

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote