THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Baltimore area Africana/Big Bore "attractions" ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore area Africana/Big Bore "attractions" ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bit of a stretch.......going to be in Baltimore this weekend with some time to kill.
Any thoughts on places to visit or shop at with an African hunting theme or a shop with a big bore inventory ?

Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. If you consider artillery big bore. Just googled it to be sure and looks like they have closed the Ordnance Museum for relocation.

Posts: 353 | Location: Southern Black Hills SD | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Not aware and anything specific in Baltimore. The Smithsonian Natural History Museum is in DC about an hour South. Hendershot's gun shop with nice, high grade rifles is in Hancock, MD about an hour and 45 minutes West.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The elephant is the Smithsonian Museum os reported to be 22,000lbs. It is right inside of the lobby.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
That elephant is huge! It was killed by Jj Fenykovi (sp) in 1955 in angola I think it was. Over 13feet at the shoulder! I believe it is considered the largest ever shot.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Have lived in Baltimore all my life. Nothing of what you are looking for.. Sorry.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Concentrate on the crab cakes! The aquarium at the harbor was very nice last time I visited.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote