New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem Lion Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority has just contacted Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris regarding some problem lions around the town of Metahara that borders Awash National Park in the Danakil Region. Historically the lions around Awash National Park have been notorious man and cattle-killers and during the last 2 weeks some lions have reported to have been killing people, livestock, and camels. A hunt has to be urgently scheduled to try and resolve this problem as soon as possible. The professional hunter who will guide the hunt will be Jason Roussos who will decide at the time how many problem lions are involved and how many need to be harvested to eliminate the problem. Current information states that there are numerous problem lions involved, both male and female, so the chances of having to shoot multiple animals of either sex is likely. The hunter will be required to purchase a minimum of 1 lion license prior to the hunt and will subsequently be able to export 1 of the culled lions. Which lion will be exported will be the hunters choice and there is a possibility but not a guarantee, that more than one lion may be exported if additional licenses are purchased at the end of the hunt. If the hunter only wants to export 1 lion then only the one license fee will need to be purchased even if more lions are killed on the hunt.

This is an 8 day hunt. Arrival date of October 4th or 5th. It's Awash National Park Lions that have run amuck so there's a chance of getting a really nice cat.
Interested parties should contact me.
I'm going elk hunting Sept 20- Oct 5 problem lions or not.
Rich Elliott ervs@shawneelink.net

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of F.C.Selous Stu
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun. how much is it to shoot a lion ?

The Archer seeks the mark upon the path of the infinite,

The Prophet
Kahlil Gibram

Posts: 117 | Location: Durban/Grahamstown, South Africa | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich:

You know Saeed's rules regarding posting a hunt for sale. All details regarding costs, trophy fees, etc. need to be included in the offering.

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I didn't but if that's the case just remove the post. I wanted to let The AR guys know about an unusual opportunity but we don't post our rates. If anyone is truly interested they can contact me.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Please come save the innocent people, but you have to pay for it!! Cool

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a great hunt. Actuallly getting to sort out and hunt known man eaters with a top PH. It would be nice to be retired and wealthy!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
This sounds like a great hunt. Actuallly getting to sort out and hunt known man eaters with a top PH. It would be nice to be retired and wealthy!

At this point I would settle for wealthy!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich, I know you guys run a first class outfit so there is no question of reputation or integrity. I just cant figure out why you wouldnt post the price for this. I guess if you have to ask you cant afford it. This is certainly an exceptional opportunity for someone. I already know that lion is outside my comfort zone in price.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I have never understood the marketing practices used by some booking agents. I am sure it must be successful for some.

When I open a web site for some outfitter that does not tell me the cost of a hunt, I close the site.

If they don't tell, I won't ask

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Unless they are hanging up some locals for bait, hunting man-eaters isn't going to be easy or assured.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of your interest. 10 Hours after we were informed about the problem the hunt is sold to a good repeat client. I can't wait to post pictures mid October. If not posting the price offends some of you I'm sorry.
It's a company policy.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I am not surprised it was booked so fast. I look forward to pictures.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not offended just puzzled. I dont understand the reasoning. I am not surprised it sold so fast.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Please post all the costs associated for this hunt.

This is the only requirement we have, and I think it is not very unreasonable.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not offended just puzzled. I dont understand the reasoning. I am not surprised it sold so fast.

I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 241 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote