See our comprehensive website at www.soaz.net <http://www.soaz.net>

For further information when visiting Zimbabwe contact our Associations:-

Zimbabwe Association of Tour & Safari Operators
Inbound Tour Operators of Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Professional Hunters & Guides Association

18 Walter Hill Avenue, Eastlea, Harare, Zimbabwe
Tel: 263-4-702402 Fax: 263-4-707306
E-mail: zatso@mweb.co.zw

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Jim

Enlightening and very welcome, thanks to yourself and to Sally and those involved.

The electronic world we live in has immensive benifit to all of us for information

Happy Hunting

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very Good! It will make it easier for visitors to get the information they need. It should also help to put an end to some of the BS that has been going on. An informed consumer is good for Zimbabwe as well as themselves.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
The lists of PH's and Outfitters does not look complete.

A lot of names I checked for are missing yet they were there only a month ago when I was emailled a list.

Eg is John Sharp a PH in Zimbabwe - his name is missing?

??? ???

This was the list I was sent and it was current as at June 2004.

Zim PH Listing

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, Although the list needs some work it is a start. John Sharp is under J in the subheading "hunting safari".

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
NitroX,

I asked Sally about missing names, and she said probably due to not being currently paid up members.

Here are her details...jim

-------------------------------------

BED & BREAKFAST

DULWICH ROAD, GREENDALE NORTH, HARARE, ZIMBABWE

I am very sorry to have to advise you that I have had to raise my B&B rates to come more in line with current market rates.

(Bronte Hotel charge US$100 per night for overseas visitors)

I shall be charging R150 per head for South African visitors, and

I shall be charging US$60 per head for overseas visitors for bed & breakfast.

Special rates and arrangements can be negotiated for long stays.

I hope you will agree this is still very good value compared to other establishments offering B&B in Harare.

A 10 000 litre water tank is now installed, ensuring uninterrupted water supply so we are no longer at the mercy of the Municipality.

My cottage has twin beds, and an en suite bathroom and kitchenette.

Meals can be arranged upon request. Laundry can be done by arrangement. Transfers to/from town or airport can be organised.

Contact Sally Bown for bookings at Tel: 04-702402 (work) 04-497582 (home) or 023 316 739 (cell) or e-mail zatso@mweb.co.zw.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the note from Sally Brown has a tidbit in it which I can't pass up. Let me also add that I spent 14 days hunting and traveling in Zimbabwe in August 2002, had a spectacular time and would get on the plane in Atlanta tomorrow and reutrn if I had the resources and time off from work.

Sally's listed prices for South African clients and "overseas" clients just makes me shake my head. I realize this is the norm and has been going on for years, but for crying out loud, when you see it so blatently in print it warrants comment.

Now there may be some difference in services offered to the overseas and South Afrian clients, but the differences in prices are stunning. At today's currency rate a foreign visitor is paying US$60 compared to $23.73 the guy next door is paying. Looking at it another way, the foreign visitor is paying 379 Rand while the guy next door is paying 150 Rand.

Just makes you wonder to what extent the foreign visitor is supporting the Zimbabwe economy.

That being said, I will return to Zimbabwe again and hell, I'd probably stay with Sally if the recommendations were good.

Stepping off my soap box now.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Phil.

I would shoot Sally an email on the subject and see what she replies.

I stayed with her in '02, and it was very nice.

jim