Find
Notify
Tools

Lion damage ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted
These lions either are frustrated or they simply don't like Land Rover. And unlike wild lions, complete unafraid of humans ...

They chomped through all four tyres and the spare, 3 of them, while the vehicle was moving!!

The lions are in good shape physically though. Mentally, I'm not so sure ...

Johan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm not the guy who has to change the tires!

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call AAA???

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must have been that puddle of gravy they rolled through a ways back.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
It seems that male lions do not like female drivers! dancing

Where did this happen?

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Box Lunch!!!

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its the middle of the day and lions generally sleep then - maybe they were just tired homer holycow

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Obviously they don't like the smell of rubber, to have taken out all of the tires and the spare. If I was in that vehicle, I don't think that I would have been doing a lot of smiling!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
its the middle of the day and lions generally sleep then - maybe they were just tired homer holycow

I guess the owner was given paws for thought about whether there was an exclusion claws in their indemnity form.

If not, I'd bet that in the mane he was feline a bit sick.

A less than purrfect result.

rotflmo jumping rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should be a comedian!

Posts: 11996 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those passengers are lion if they said they weren't scared. That's just the damage simba will inflict upon a Defender. Can you image the damage if they were travelling in an Impala? A Sable?

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if these lions played with rolling tyres as cubs or a tyre hanging from rope attached to a tree? I have heard of hyena chewing tyres and just about anything that can be chewed but never heard of lions targetting and munching tyres to pieces. It is obviously quite a game for them. Probably best to maintain a constant, fairly brisk speed around these lions I think or maybe some anti-hijack tyre resealant to give you some time to escape!

Posts: 302 | Location: England | Registered: 10 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder who drew the short straw to change the tyre(s)? Lucky it was not an open-backed Landy otherwise there would probably have been pandemonium!

Posts: 302 | Location: England | Registered: 10 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had the pleasure of seeing lions on my one and only visit to Africa (Zimbabwe, Chirisa) although I heard them every night and saw tracks often (in sand). I must congratulate all posters on your witticisms and I did laugh out loud some times. (I really do wish that I had seen a lion looking at me. I very much envy the guys who have had that experience)

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm wondering who was dumb enough to get out of the truck to take the pictures??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is why they should require top down convertibles for this sort of stupidity...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr.Mike H and Idaho Sharpshooter:

I read of an incident where tourists in Krueger Park were filming lionesses feeding on some game. Two Taiwanese tourists jumped out of the vehicle to do some better pictures -and were immediately set upon and eaten on the spot by the same lionesses. I learned early on in my camp that a very old and half blind buff would lie (at night) next to where the two Land Cruisers were parked. The PH explained that the lions didn't like the smell of gas and oil -and the buff knew it. (Before I left, the PH assured me that when the buff got too old to defend himself, that he would shoot him to spare having the lions pull him down in a slow way to die. I came to africa to shoot a buff (and did) -but didn't want lions to get that old buff by killing him. We are a peculiar lot, us hunters!)

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote