Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes Vor-Tx Failure to Fire
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
If you have a lot of the Vor-tx ammo, simply pull the bullets save the powder reload the Barnes cases with another brand of primer, re-assemble the cartridges and go to the range and if they all fire then IMO it is the primer Barnes is using.

Personally It is my opinion that the only way a shooter can get the best from any rifle is by very careful hand-loading his ammo! I only rarely use factory ammo, and then it is because I can’t find a component that I need to reload my ammo, or just range target shooting with cheap ammo.

IMO Barnes needs to re-think their choice of primer instead of sticking their collective heads in the sand!

................................................................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the sounds of it. Barnes has admitted to using a primer that has a harder cup.
I'm going to suggest to "deno" to bring his rifle and the remaining Barnes ammo down with him when he visits in a couple of weeks. I can disasemble the ammo and replace it with a large rifle (non mag) primer and see what happens.
Ammo that wont go Bang isent a big deal at the range. Good way to check for a flinch. How ever in the field it could be a real problem..........

Hang on TITE !!