THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone ever hunt the Caprivi Strip for Buff?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever hunt the Caprivi Strip for Buff?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw an interesting Elephant hunt in Caprivi on television the other day. Curious about exploring potential Buff hunting in that area.

Was wondering if anyone here has hunted that area for Cape Buff.

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carmelo,

The people with whom I hunted elephant in the Caprivi also had four buff. Their concession area, since expired, was the Mamili that is the roughly 120 sq mi triangle at the very bottom of the Caprivi. Not huge numbers of buff there and size in the 40s...

As I understand it, the Namibian Gov't has not yet given out the concessions for dangerous game yet. Some delay, nature unknown to me.
Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Carmelo, Allocation of the areas in the Caprivi will be decided in June unless they delay it again. Once areas are allocated will then be able to let you know who has the better areas.

But to answer your question, buffalo hunting in the Caprivi is very good if you are in the right area and if there is quota.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Government concessions have not yet been allocated. At least two communal conservancies have been. Vaughan Fulton has the rights to one of them, the Salambala. I will be hunting elephant and buffalo with him later this year. See this thread for more information:

Caprivi

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine did, he took a good one, with a beautifull boss.
While he was there he hunted also an elephant problem.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carmelolisciotto:
I saw an interesting Elephant hunt in Caprivi on television the other day. Curious about exploring potential Buff hunting in that area.
What show was this on???

I hunted WEST Caprivi Strip (A Gov't Concession / National Park) for leopard and buffalo in 2003 - which at the time offered an inexpensive "Botswana style" tracking hunt with the Bushman trackers. If/when awarded this June or beyond, will likely not be the most economical buffalo hunt in Africa, as concession fees are said to be high and quota low (like 6 buffalo). But a good overall experience.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Can't recall which exact show, in my area it was on the Mens Network.

The hunt was a PAC elephant hunt in Caprivi.

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote