THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    30 days of hunting and tiger fishing and taking pictures in Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 days of hunting and tiger fishing and taking pictures in Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After two long years of waiting my wife and I leave today ! We've have planned 15 days hunting plains game with Omalanga Safaris on their Mopane and Oryx camps ( 250.000 Acres) 4 or 5 days visiting friends and shark fishing in Swakopmond, Then off to Ichingo lodge in the Caprivi strip for a few days of tiger fishing.This time I don't plan on shooting many animals. I all ready have 20-30 un mounted african animal in my garage so I am comprising with my wife.
This year I am bring a digital predator caller and a trail camera and my canon digital camera. Most of my time will be following a friend on his hunt and chasing jackals on my own. If a Pac Elephant or Lion permit becomes available while I am there it's break out the credit card and deal with the wife when I get home !!

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Have a great time!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
deal with the wife when I get home !!

Therein lies the problem with taking the wife, you'll have to deal with her while you're there.

In any case, have a great trip. We'll demand pictures when you get back.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Robert! Please give my best to Dirk and Rita.

10 more months....

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
quote:

deal with the wife when I get home !!

better to bring her with you, eventually she can help you when you are shark fishing swimming near the boat Wink
Please Ann do not consider me sexist, I cannot resist when I can joke Big Grin

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good hunting and good shooting!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robert,

Good luck on the trip. Good luck on the shark fishing in Swako. We just left at the end of July and fished with a guide and he said the shark fishing was Nov.-March. We fished off shore for cob, but the water was very cold and rough. He said the sharks either weren't there or are in deeper water. I am sure you will have a blast anyways! If you like atv's, there is an atv rental out in the middle of the road that has an awesome ride/tour in the dunes. It was a blast to say the least! We did an hour and a half tour and the guy said we were the first group that EVER made it to the back of the dunes in that short amount of time! Good luck!

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello my neighbor to the south. I just drove through your town after fishing for halibut and silvers (130 lbs and 16 lbs respectively).

Sounds like you have a great trip planned and looking forward to hearing about it upon your return.

We should have an Alaskan AR dinner sometime in Anchorage.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote