New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAA Dulles time change
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just want to update you on this change.

Dear Travel Partner,

Please note that effective October 30, 2005, South African Airways flight SA208 from Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Johannesburg (JNB), will now depart at 10:30 AM in order to provide passengers with better connecting opportunities through IAD. The days of operation remain the same with Southbound departures on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and Northbound departures on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. These changes will be reflected in the CRS's as of September 30, 2005. Please inform all of your customers and staff accordingly.

The new schedule is reflected below:

South African Airways Schedule Update

Departing from Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Johannesburg (JNB)

Depart Arrive From To Flight #

10:25 AM 1:20 AM* IAD ACC SA208

2:35 AM* 10:25 AM* ACC JNB SA208

Departing from Johannesburg (JNB) to Washington, D.C. (IAD)

Depart Arrive From To Flight #

8:10 PM 12:10 AM* JNB ACC SA209

1:25 AM* 7:55 AM ACC IAD SA209

Note: As of Sept 30, 2005

Thank you,

Your South African Airways Team

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Great news, no overnight required now! Are they going to be still flying Boeings from that locale?

Note: Concerning JNB departures. It was quite overwhelming for RSA Customs to get many hundreds of people through through Passport control because there are so many Jumbo jets flying out at near the same time every night.

The queues were huge and unruly with people concerned of missing a flight.

Definitly room for improvement for the airport departures.

~Ann

Posts: 19564 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,
Yes they will be flying the Boeings out of Dulles due to the demand of First Class from that region.

The down side of the flight time change is the connection of flights to Vic Falls you will again have to overnite in JNB and then for Harare the next flight on SAA doesn't leave JNB till 7:20 pm and arriving in Harare at 9:00 pm.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given the option (which we don't have) I would rather overnight in Dulles area. Which I did with the 8:45 departure time. I live 2+ hrs from Dulles. No RSA gun hassel.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with you on this one. I have made my last trip to RSA.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm 4 hrs out of Washington/Dulles,the main reason Kathi is going to be booking me from there is once I load my guns/bag at Dulles I'm pretty sure they'll make it to Jo'burg and Air2000 can make certain they get loaded to Windhoek from there.
I was 5 days into a 8 day trip on my last flight that started at LVI -ATL-Jo'burg-Harhare before my bags showed up