Find
Notify
Tools

Beers on Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
I've really enjoyed a cold Ndovu, Tusker, Zambezi, Castle, Kilimanjaro, etc. while on safari. Is there anywhere on can get those in the states? I (and 1115) particularly liked the Nduvo. I'm sure shipping, even from a point of import, would be difficult, but I'd be willing to try.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
I've really enjoyed a cold Ndovu, Tusker, Zambezi, Castle, Kilimanjaro, etc. while on safari. Is there anywhere on can get those in the states? I (and 1115) particularly liked the Nduvo. I'm sure shipping, even from a point of import, would be difficult, but I'd be willing to try.

South African Breweries, which makes Tusker and Castle among others, is a financial supporter of the anti gun movement in South Africa. why support a group that wants to end what you like to do?

I have brought, what I thought was good beer, from different places around the world. When you get home it tastes just like anything else. I think it is the atmosphere that you drink it in the gives it a special quality.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

Hi Judge

This is merely for your attention - not to any any way try to alter your opinon.
It is widely publicised that SA Breweries supports Gun Free SA - a small group of people who are largerly financed by the general liberal public. The can be described as the PETA or Greenpiece of the gun industry. As you know, between this organisation, and the liberal / communist influenced goverment in SA, many people will soon be out of business in the gun as well as the hunting industry.

Both Windhoek Lager and Draught are fine alternatives.

Again, for your information only.

Brad

Brad Rolston African Hunting
P.O. Box 506
Stella
Kalahari
South Africa
Tel : + 27 82 574 9928
Fax : + 27 86 672 6854
E-Mail : rolston585ae@iafrica.com

Posts: 318 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Well... I didn't know that.. and Tusker and Castle were the least favorite of the bunch!

So... the hell with them... but how about the others!

beer

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
On the same topice, does anyone know if Tafel Lager is available in the states? I've been looking for it, even had some liquor store owners check with their distributors. No luck.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge-

This may be a bit out of date but worth a call. I would have to agree with Mickey, beer does not travel very well at all.

Mootch & Muck
Distributes Zambezi Beer.
734 Morgan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11237
Tel: 800-673-6330

Posts: 297 | Location: Bainbridge Island,WA | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
On the same topice, does anyone know if Tafel Lager is available in the states? I've been looking for it, even had some liquor store owners check with their distributors. No luck.

Agreed, a good Tafel at the end of the day is sure hard to beat.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge ,Next time you are in Atlanta try the Three Dollar Cafe, They have a huge beer selection(many international brands) The burgers are not bad either.Also just a reminder rifle season is very close,Best of luck ,Ben(rug)

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't South African Brewery own Miller Beer? I agree they do not travel well. I purchased some SA wine and it just wasn't the same. Sort of like shooting a Kudu in Texas.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spec's Downtown Warehouse in Houston has Zambezi for $7.14 6 pack, $26.45 case. IMO, they also have the largest, finest and best priced wine (their liquors are not as competively priced) selection in the whole South. Unfortunately I live too far away from them to take full advantage of their constantly changing selection.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I vote for Spec's a great way to spend the afternoon browsing the Single Malt Scotch!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judge G ----- I liked all beers when I was in Africa, whether it was in Dar es Salaam or in camp. It just seemed as if every time I turned around I was thirsty. I particularly liked Kilimanjaro beer, it tasted good, it seemed identified with Africa, and when Pierre' said it is "Kili Time" I was always ready. My daughter had climbed Mt. Kilimanjoro two years prior to my hunt, thus I had to wear her "Kilimanjaro Hat" on my hunt. Perhaps the subliminal message made the Beer that much more tasty to me. wave thumb Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote