New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Flack's next spiral horn book
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I don't post often, but does anyone know when the next book will be released.Safari Press did handle the publishing and release, but that is no longer the case. I do enjoy reading Mr. Flack's books and am looking forward to the next one. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Peter Flack's next spiral horn book

SITATUNGA

http://www.peterflackproductions.com/

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked on Peter Flack Productions and they are taking pre-orders or reservations for the /Sitatunga book, but I did not see a release date. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Hoover:
I don't post often, but does anyone know when the next book will be released.Safari Press did handle the publishing and release, but that is no longer the case. I do enjoy reading Mr. Flack's books and am looking forward to the next one. Jerry Hoover

I'm not sure where you got your information, but I received this email from Safari Press on June 4:

Re: Order Number: xxxxxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs. xxxxxxxxx,
We are writing to confirm your order of Peter Flack’s Hunting the Spiral Horns: Sitatunga.
After the bongo and the giant eland, most experienced African hunters will agree that the sitatunga is the most difficult to hunt. This is not because there are few of them but rather because they have a limited distribution and the difficulty of finding them in their habitats. (They like low-lying and swampy areas.) Their preferred habitats are seas of reeds and otherwise very densely vegetated areas.
This book is scheduled to be available late this year or early next year.
This book is the second largest in the series so far, with 368 pages, 471 color photos, and 36 b&w photos. Quarter bound in leather with a matching slipcase. It is limited to 200 numbered, signed, and slipcased copies. The book will retail for $175.00. A $10 handling charge will be added to the order.
This is Flack’s fourth volume in a series of five covering all nine African spiral-horn antelope. We have reserved your matching number, ( xx ) in this series.
Please confirm your shipping address (no PO Box) and credit card details to reserve your number in this series.
Shipping Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Credit card info: confirm the last four digits
Thank you in advance for your response.
Kindest regards,
Annette 714-894-9080 ext. 29
Safari Press

Unless something has changed in the last 44 or so days, it looks like Safari Press is still handling the books. Please let us know if you've heard something more recent regarding Mr. Flacks books. Thank you.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I very much enjoy Flacks' writing, but I am not sure I like him $185 worth...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote