Notify
Tools

A Proper Buffalo Rifle In Action!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
WARNING - PERSONAL OPINION

Each to their own. Culling - bolt rifle with scope. Sport - double rifle and open sights every time. The aim is not whacking loads of buff but getting within 50 yards of a salty old bugger. If sporting success is measured in challenge, you guarantee a 100% success rate.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The two calibers one should avoid using, at all costs, are the .577 and .600.

Using one of these one is guaranteed a buffalo charge!

And all the bullshit that leads too rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Milo just described it.

Getting up close and personal with a crusty old buff, outcome of which can turn out to be a two-way affair, is an exhilarating experience.

A decent caliber DR (470 to 577) is probably the desired choice among many of the veteran DG hunters for this type of experience and it certainly has worked for me regardless of the fact that most were taken with a well-placed shot with either 7 Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag.

Posts: 2046 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
Getting up close and personal with a crusty old buff, outcome of which can turn out to be a two-way affair, is an exhilarating experience.
archer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive seen Saeed do that twice in one day, BTW he was shooting my buffalo out from under me!! I can still hear that loud and cackling laugh..He always had the best tracker, I always got the frigg'en cook for my tracker.. jumping

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote