THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    LATEST FROM DON CAUSEY ON TANZANIA RATE INCREASE

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LATEST FROM DON CAUSEY ON TANZANIA RATE INCREASE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The below is from THE HUNTING REPORT

Tanzania Season Still A Go

As this bulletin goes out, we are being deluged by calls from subscribers who are worried about their 2007 safaris to Tanzania. The reason for their worry is a huge, last-minute concession and trophy fee increase by the Tanzanian Government. Is it going to be imposed this year? Are safaris going to be conducted at all? Should I pay the new fees if my outfitter tells me I have to?

Continuing E-Mail Extra subscribers already know we have been in continuing contact with Gerard Pasanisi of Tanzania Hunting Operators Association (TAHOA), and he says the 2007 season is going forward as usual. He reiterated that message to us again today. He urged us to tell clients that the overwhelming majority of booked safaris are being conducted as scheduled while negotiations with the government continue.

Pasanisi said he was aware that local newspapers are reporting widely on the fee increase from a multiplicity of viewpoints. Also, he conceded that some companies are canceling safaris and/or telling clients that higher fees have to be paid this year. He chalked that up to the fact that some companies are not members of TAHOA and thus are not privy to what is really going on with the fee increases.

"The 2007 season is completely normal," he said. "Please tell your subscribers they should get on the plane and go hunting." - Don Causey

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Don Causey had better be right. Lots of folks will, in effect, "wager" big bucks on his opine.

I, however, wonder and have developed the belt and suspenders approach.

Why? There are two increases. First, the trophy fees and secondly, the concession fees.

I'd love to take a lion, a leopard and an elephant and leave Tanzania having paid the "old" prices, relying on Don.... and when time for shipment of my trophies came, I got hit for the huge trophy fee increases before the animals could be exported....that's the first.... and the second, even though you may have come and gone, if the PH doesn't pay the "new concession fee", do you really think that the gov't will allow trophies to be shipped, even if the client paid increased trophy fees but the concession increase is still unpaid?

Before you go, I'd make darn sure that I had a "worst possible scenario" price from my outfitter and PH.

I'm going soon and praying that Don is correct, but I've negotiated a price payable if the new fees stick... one that both I and the PH can survive with unless and until TOAHA suceeds.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very lucid points Judge G. Your PH's word is one thing but the TZN government is holding the trump card when you return to the US and leave your trophies there waiting for shipment. Could be a very unpleasant surprise! Eeker
Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about next year ? I have booked, & paid a deposit, for a buffalo hunt in Oct. 2008; what's the outlook for 2008 increases ? What's my next move ?

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
frank I"m the same boat, i canceled. my bet is that we will see large increases for 2008, down some from what we see now, but still making the most expensive place to go even moreso. I'd hate to have my trophy lion tied up this year because the govt. wants another 12000 that i maybe don't have. had than happen to an ele in zim and its no fun at all.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote