New
Find
Notify
Tools

AFRICA with CB
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone else catch the new show from the boys at Safari Classics? Another great show for my Africa fix on Cape Buff and tuskless ele. Thank you Craig, Dave, Tim, and Ivan for the work you do to bring the action into our homes. JC

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Where and when does it air?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Is that the title? Outdoor Channel?

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The show airs on the Sportman Channel. The next showing is 3:30 pm (central) on 7/1. The show title is Africa with Craig Boddington. JC

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi James
Thanks for the nice comments. For those that may not be aware, Safari Classics is producing two different Africa themed TV series. Next year will be our fifth year to produce Tracks Across Africa on The Outdoor Channel , and our second season of Hornadys Africa with Craig Boddington and Ivan Carter on The Sportsmans Channel . Both are dedicated entirely to the African hunting experience. To get showtimes please check out their websites for your time zone. We really enjoy the feedback from the AR family and we have some great stuff coming your way this year. Sorry for all of you wanting more "impala at the cement waterhole with bow "shows, LOL , but we will be airing 39 NEW episodes that are exactly 90% dangerous game ! Really have some exciting stuff coming your way on both shows this season. For our entire team at Safari Classics "Thanks for tuning in !"
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I just set the DVR to record the series.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DirecTV channel what?

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Dish channels?

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Direct TV channel 605. It's now in my DVR as well.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
Got my DVR all ready to go!

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
is it on dish network too? if so, what channel?

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I don't think the Sportman's Channel is on Dish. However, you can see "Tracks Across Africa" on Outdoor Channel on Dish channel 153. I catch it Sunday afternoons at 5:30 eastern.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Will these shows be available online throutgh the broadcasters website, for those of us not in the states?

It's a real shame that our broacasters here don't have anything involving hunting unless it is part of a cookery show.

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just added Africa with DB to the DVR online. First time I did that. Nothing to it. 4:30 Central. Looking forward to it.

Is this the first of the series? Or how many have I missed?

Thanks,

David

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fallow
So far we only air in the states.. BUT we have all 13 episodes of the new show on one DVD on the craigboddington.com web site. Each of the BIG 5 has a show dedicated to it , as well as croc,hippo,sable ..the good stuff. Really one of our favorite DVD's.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave...

Two words buddy... "Wild TV"! Us poor Canadians need our Africa fix too!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigUglyMan:
Dave...

Two words buddy... "Wild TV"! Us poor Canadians need our Africa fix too!

Ditto that! These kind of threads always bum me out a little...don't seem to get any of the good stuff up here.

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brothers Up North
I have heard about Wild TV but do not know much else. A problem is that our contracts with , say, The Outdoor Channel have stipulations about running the same shows on other networks competing with The Hornady's Africa series is completely different from Tracks Across Africa.
Not that I am trying to plug videos, but for our friends in Canada we make both shows available on DVD formats through the website.
Believe me, I wish you guys could tune in each week. I wish you would send some of that cool weather my way, it's over 100 degrees every day in Texas!!!
All the best guys

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
Along those same lines, Steve Scott has a show on the Pursuit Channel (DTV Channel 608) called "Big 5 Africa's Most Dangerous Game" The one episode I watched was pretty entertaining.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Brothers Up North
I have heard about Wild TV but do not know much else. A problem is that our contracts with , say, The Outdoor Channel have stipulations about running the same shows on other networks competing with The Hornady's Africa series is completely different from Tracks Across Africa.
Not that I am trying to plug videos, but for our friends in Canada we make both shows available on DVD formats through the website.
Believe me, I wish you guys could tune in each week. I wish you would send some of that cool weather my way, it's over 100 degrees every day in Texas!!!
All the best guys

Closest we get to "Tracks" or "Hornady's Africa" (There's another Africa show I'm missing?!?!?!?!) is "Safari Hunter's Journal". I've got one "Tracks" video, but my Africa habit is a bad one and I can't stand missing Africa-themed hunting shows.

Here's to hoping that the powers that be allow us another Africa show or two up in the sticks!

How much time do you guys plan to spend in Zim in a season Dave? I'm booked for next summer and I'll arm-wrestle you if I have to!

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CRAP BIGUG, Just move to Texas and you can watch all these shows. It's only 100 degree's down here. Mad

My step daughter and her husband live in Min. and just about die when they visit in the summer. JC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big UG
For the first time in forever, I will not be in Zim either filming or hunting. The schedule has me in Zambia and Mozambique in Aug-Sept with Craig. Tim was over there hunting \ filming early season with Steve Hornady and our camera crew has logged a ton of time in the Valley, but I will be Zimmless this season. I will be after a really big sable in Zambia, and then we will be chasing buffalo in the Moz swamps. I just got a email from Chifuti that one of our clients took what sounds to be a monster lion yesterday!
The client is really a great guy and has paid his dues in Africa.. real proud for him !
Enjoy the weather up there until the snow comes-then we get to laugh at you guys for a few months . But at 104 yesterday, it is definatly your turn now...
Cheers

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Wish we had tv show like Tracks Across Africa or Hornadys Africa here in Norway too. Know what would have my favorit on tv.

But not bad watching the show at dvd eihter Smiler

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote