Find
Notify
Tools

Lion hunt on CNN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw this on CNN last night.
javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/world/2007/06/08/oke.lion.hunting.cnn','2009/06/07');

I hope the link comes thru. It shows a lion hunt at Sandhurst Safaris in RSA. The topic is canned lion hunting.

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Rhydet,

No, the link didn't come through. I'd really like to see it if you can get it to work.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ES,

Just type in CNN and go to videos. It is viewable now.

I honestly can't say that it is was too bad. The lion dying against the fence will inflame some but the PH and a hunter got to say their piece also. I didn't expect the piece to glorify "Canned" hunting and they made it clear that this hunting would end.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bred to be shot #2 most watched video on CNN . Even beat out the Pope! The antis will make a lot of money with this air time.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I was actually quite surprised. They at least gave the hunter and the PH a chance to talk. This was one of the more level headed CNN reports I've seen, however, still a little left winged for my liking. They, of course, had to put the little piece in there with the guy from RSA that wants ALL hunting to be banned, not just canned lion hunting. That just goes to show the true goals of the anti crowd. THEY WANT ALL HUNTING ABOLISHED. They're just hiding behind the facade of "canned hunting". Agreed?

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess that's why we need to stick to our guns. Since the anti's don't differentiate between "canned" and free-range hunts, we should support any and every hunts out there. It's obvious that if you as a hunter support the the anti's in one little thing, you end up giving them more footholds down the road. I don't care for "canned" hunts but I support the right of others to go out and do their thing. This is like gun-control. If you don't like "saturday night specials" and don't have one and support the anti-gun position that it's not for sporting use, it gets banned from private ownership. Next the "black guns", next the "semi-AUTOMATIC" GUNS including shotguns and all guns, next anything bigger than a 22, etc, ad nauseum.

Mad Mad

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree!To these nuts a lion is a monkey is a mouse ,is a cockroach.They are all sentient beings and each is equal in their right to life and the pursuit of happiness.What crap!

This brings me back to the elephants are intelligent and cows should not be shot thread.Animals are not people.Animals are possessions , food, and an object of sport.They are here to provide us sustinence and companionship.They are to be USED by humans to make our life better.Wildlife should be well managed (Shakari) because we are taught to be good stewards of that which we have been given.This is biblical, not opinion.If biblical is not good enough then there is no point in my arguing the matter any more.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"We should support any and every hunt out there."

That is one scary thought.

There are three sides to this triangle; the nuts, the anti-gun nuts and the rest of us. My crystal ball says the world is made up of 20% Ns, 20% A-GNs, and 60% TROU. I think there are fewer of TROU all the time, and that's not a good thing.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This whole idea of "bred to be shot" being made to be unacceptable is so rediculous as to defy any sort of reasons!

Why are they concentrating on hunting?

Why is everyone turning a blind eye to all the cows, sheep, goats, pigs, chickens etc being slaughtered every day for our tables?

This argument is no different than the anti gun lobby.

Guns kills far less people in any given period than motor cars.

Let me see the reaction to any government banning motor cars just beceuase one drunken idiot drives into people standing at a bus stop, killing any number of them.

Now if a criminal walks into a cafe and shoots a few people, it is not his fault. It is the GUN that did it, so let us ban it!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is like gun-control. If you don't like "saturday night specials" and don't have one and support the anti-gun position that it's not for sporting use, it gets banned from private ownership. Next the "black guns", next the "semi-AUTOMATIC" GUNS including shotguns and all guns, next anything bigger than a 22, etc, ad nauseum.

The above is true.

I won't even go hunt whitetails in a high fenced ranch much less go hunt a captive bred fenced in lion BUT I will fight people and legislation banning it until the day I die. One anti-hunting or anti-gun law paves the road to the next. I take a hard line against them all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote