Find
Notify
Tools

Chill pads, Where to find them?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of G L Krause
posted
I have been unable to find the post that described an african hunt where the weather was so hot at night that the hunter used some sort of chill pad to keep cool. I believe it had to be wet. Does anyone know where these can be found?

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that kills bigger deer than I do." Izaak Walton (modified)

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
The latest discussion is on Mike Jine's ele hunt trip report in the hunt report section. The specific item is the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad. They are available at numerous outdoors and golf stores as well as online. $12.99 on Amazon.com.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought five for stocking stuffers (all hunters and fisherman) from Mack's Prairie Wings.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
The Frogg Togg product is what you want. I bought a few from a dealer on Ebay in October and took them to Chewore for a hunt last month. Great product and really helped on long walks and with sleeping. If you're doing a late season hunt in southern Africa, I highly recommend taking a couple along.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G L Krause
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, that's just what I needed to know.

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that kills bigger deer than I do." Izaak Walton (modified)

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
The Frogg Togg product is what you want. I bought a few from a dealer on Ebay in October and took them to Chewore for a hunt last month. Great product and really helped on long walks and with sleeping. If you're doing a late season hunt in southern Africa, I highly recommend taking a couple along.

Damn, David? (the tracker) looks like he is dying.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19358 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Frogg Togg was an invaluable piece of equipment for me as well. Damn refreshing to wipe your face off with a cool pad after a long stalk.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Bill, the B.S. really starts flying at picture time. Brent is giving Friday a hard time about something and William is dying laughing as the picture is taken. I'm just trying to stay cool with my Chilli Pad over my right shoulder. Cool

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote