New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doma area of Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone hunted there in the last 2-3 years?
Opinions on game found?
Animals taken?

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted just South of Doma about at Chinhoyi a few years ago and it was fantastic, lots of big Kudu and Sable..I made a film and it showed a 100 plus Sable bulls in a field one morning..We shot a 69", 67", several in the 62 to 64 inch class Kudu and quite a few 58 to 60 bulls...Sable averaged 40 inches and we shot 3 44 plus and two at 46 plus....

All that has changed today and the game is all but gone to the damn bush market, AK47s and snares have about decimated it I am told by folks that live there...

Doma is close enough to bother me, but I don't know about doma...Chinhoyi was very close to town...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doma safari Area was taken over by a politician who has found he cannot run it and sub leased to ( Dang can picture the fellow and sold him a .404 but the me escapes me)

Most of the conservancy has been taken over. Doma safari lodge (owned by steve Corbitt is still running - Gordon Duncun is the PH) and 6 farms of the rest of the conservancy.

Couple of dodgy operators trying to sell illegal hunts on occupied farms for the rest of it. Be VERY careful if booking there. I will be back in town next week and can look up the number of the conservator - Jan Stander. (Ben Koetzee is a legitimate PH in that area but there may be others

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote